Author Topic: Quilted Square Card--Winter Announced  (Read 4258 times)

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
Quilted Square Card--Winter Announced
« on: January 26, 2017, 08:12:03 AM »
This is a very last minute challenge and I don't even have a sample of my own but hope to get one done in the next days.

Make a card that resembles a quilt square.  There are lots of sample on Pinterest.

1 Make the card
2 Post in gallery and a link back on this site
3 Use fabric, paper, or photo for your quilt square.  The square can be any size.
4 Please do not combine

I hope I have included all that I need.  It has been some time since I hosted and my mind can't remember all of the steps.

Ann
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 08:26:27 AM by Utah Ann »

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Quilted Square Card
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 03:52:41 PM »
Here is my entry! Making the quilt square was the easy part, cutting out the scissors with an exacto knife was the hardest! I am not that good at it.  :-\

April

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3176#top_display_media

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 08:37:11 PM »
loved your card for this April, I will have to see what I can do tomorrow :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 08:42:23 PM »
Ann, I wil try to give this a go!  Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 08:17:56 AM »
April

I love your card - it is so bright and colorful.  Just what we need during this cold and showing winter.  Thanks for playing.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 12:08:03 PM »
Here is my entry for your challenge:
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3179#top_display_media

I looked around Pinterest and really couldn't find a design that wasn't 1) too difficult looking or 2) using a quilt die (Our Daily Bread and MFT seem to have some lovely quilt dies) other than the one April picked.  So I used that shape but did it just a bit differently than hers. 

I enjoyed taking the opportunity to use some paper scraps! I recently made a different quilted type background using scraps and it feels great!

Thank you!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 06:35:56 PM »
I saw a star quilt design on utube.  I used Tim Holtz papers, his folder, his words, and his tape.
So who else but me would turn a girl sewing into a guy thing.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/index.php?cat=23
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 07:27:21 AM »
Heidi and Yankee

Thank you for doing my challenge, both of your cards are outstanding and I really like both of your cards.   As I am watching friends of mine make quilts I decided I wanted to do it as well, but paper scraps are the way for me.   

I have seen beautiful quilts for kids, men and women.  That is what gave me the idea and I can see where I can using  some border punches and other paper punches.

Must get mine done this morning.

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 09:06:25 AM »
The star square was a four inch grid with one inch squares.
Wouldn't it be pretty done in ribbon squares, might even be easier to cut evenly.
I will have to try that, sometime. But the week almost over.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 11:03:46 AM »
Here is my sample card for my challenge.  The card went together very easily, But the uploading was hard my computer did not want to work for me.  That to uninstall a program  it was making my computer very slow.  Finally got that done and then I had forgotten all of the steps to save and find where I had put the scan.  Finally found it and renamed  it and then was able to upload. 

Just go to show that I must get back on the wagon, make cards and upload them weekly or monthly.  I had been so depressed everytime I walk into this mess that is my craft room, that I can't straighten it up or want to leave and not make card.  But this card was fun and I want to do some more. 
I have been working in here - but it is slow going.  I am working on cleaning up the floor.

Have fun with this challenge. I really had fun with it.

Ann

There will be a RAK for this challenge.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 11:06:29 AM »
Ann, I am really glad to hear that you found happiness in making your card!  I really like it and would like to know what die you used to get that fun edging in your quilt.  It is definitely great to see you posting again!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 11:11:19 AM »
The die cut is McGill Craftivity  1/ 1/4 square with the jagged edges.  I will search and see if I can find one like it on line.  It is a very old one.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 01:59:14 PM »
Well this was the first quilted design that came up when I googled quilted cards, so that is what I went with :)

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3198#top_display_media

This will work perfect for someone I know who loves to quilt :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 10:25:10 PM »
I wasn't sure if I was going to get a chance to make a card for your challenge, but I managed to squeeze it in.
Thanks for a fun challenge.

Quilt Card
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 11:53:18 AM »
Hi Ann,

Sorry I didn't have time to do your challenge, but I loved seeing the other entries and your sample!

Cindi