Author Topic: Creativation 2018 (similar to the old CHA)  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Creativation 2018 (similar to the old CHA)
« on: January 20, 2018, 07:18:36 PM »
Manufactures and designers are beginning to set up their booths and display their new products for 2018 at Creativation. Sneak peaks have been popping up on U-tube and various other locations.  I think a search on U-tube for
Creativation 2018 will give you a broad look at new products.

Tim has extremely long videos this year. I played them at top speed when they were super long.  He has many updated products.  At this point I have no plans to buy any new tools which have only changed colors.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:00:17 PM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Creativation 2018 (similar to the old CHA)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 02:23:02 PM »
There was a Distress Resist spray that gave very cool results, however, you have to be really really really careful with it (spray only in box) and I wonder if that is practical.

I probably won’t buy the new colors of Distress Oxides.

There is a mini-stamping platform from Tonic.

Hero Arts new catalog is out and there are a few sets I am interested in. 

I haven’t seen too much else yet. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 08:25:12 PM »
I so don't need anything else.  I think I'm going to avoid even looking.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 07:42:16 AM »
I went to Pinterest to look after I posted the other day.  I pinned a few paper pads I really liked, but did not see much else.  I mean, I would love a Gemini for die cutting, but it is too much.  The Distress resist spray looks cool, but I really didn’t see anything else. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 08:14:45 PM »
I liked seeing videos of the new products especially ones using new technology. I don’t plan on buying much but here are the products I want to give a 2nd look at once they are for sell.

Tim Holtz’s new Spellbinder’s 3-D embossing folders-(elements inside the folder design are on different levels).   Wendy Vecchi ’s Perfect Card Adhesive is a small 2 oz bottle with a fine tip.  This adhesive will not wrinkle paper.  Also check out small blending sticks for inking tight stencil corners.
Dina Wakley has several new products for book-making.
Tonic- Tim’s new small guillotine cutter and micro sprays for stenciling.
Visible Image-Cool creative stamps-sparkle and stencils-fibres
Crafters Companion-check out the sparkle markers.
Uchi Motion Crafts-stamps and dies to make fun motion cards.
Emerald Creek-mineral like embossing powders
Hero Arts new catalogue- Spiral stencil, Star confetti die, Mud cloth stencil and antique rose stamp

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 07:09:57 PM »
I saw one thing I want today.  There is a storage tin for Ranger Alcohol inks. I would like that because it keeps them from falling over and leaking. 

There are some things from Hero Arts catalog that I really like.  There is a Swan and Cattail set that has an illustration style I really like.  I do like a lot of their stencils too.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 07:11:46 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 08:58:36 AM »
I am going to give these items a look! I saw a few. I do like the resist spray. It seems to be like Goosebumps which I have. I like that you can add embossing powders and get a fun look. I am going to try it with the Goosebumps and see what happens. Yes, you have to sray over a trashcan or is a box with this stuff.

April :smile:

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 08:27:42 AM »
Heidi- I have a few of Tim's metal original ink tins. Indeed the are great but not very easy for moving about.  My alcohol inks and supplies use most of the space in 2 boxes and were rather spendy.  I will be watching the price point before buying one for my stains.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 09:11:17 AM »
Tim's alcohol ink tins are for sell on the Simon Says Stamp site...$8.99 and holds 30 bottles. My old tin is 8.25 x 8.25, it holds 28 bottles with a large open space 8.25 x 3.75 open space along the hinged side to hold blending fluids, felts and blending tools. I can not tell by the photo if this storage space is available in the new one.  https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product/Tim-Holtz-ALCOHOL-INK-STORAGE-TIN-tac58618-tac58618/1100

Another You Tube video: Favorite Finds and Top Picks from Creativation 2018
Julie Ebersole shares products they hope to carry online at Ellen Hutson.com Julie does a great quick presentation of many products.

Oh my I never thought alcohol inks could be used with a Gel Press but here is a demo of the technique.
Gel Press Printing with Alcohol Inks - Creativation 2018 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 09:37:13 AM by Far North »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 02:31:52 PM »
Thanks Jan.  I saw that alcohol ink on a gelly plate video.  Wasn't that cool?!
The alcohol ink tin looks nice also.  Unfortunately it is already sold out, but you can ask to be notified when it's back in stock.  I'm not sure on that one, but it does look nice.  My inks are lying flat in a shallow drawer at the moment so I would have to find a spot for the tin. 

Here is the link to Julie Ebersole's faves for Ellen Hutson.

And, Gel Press printing with Alcohol Inks
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 02:39:17 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 03:20:17 PM »
Cindi, thanks for sharing the Ellen Hutson video.

Did you see the German stamp line?

http://www.alexandra-renke.com/epages/64245756.sf/en_GB/?ViewAction=View&ObjectID=80416894&PageSize=48&Page=4

I went and found their website and am in awe of their gorgeous drawings!  I will be wanting some of the botanical stamps!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 03:26:31 PM »
Ooh!  Thanks for the link.  I heard Julie Ebersole mention her, but I couldn't quite catch the name.  Beautiful.  Did you see the snow drop stamp?
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 04:11:36 PM »
Ooh!  Thanks for the link.  I heard Julie Ebersole mention her, but I couldn't quite catch the name.  Beautiful.  Did you see the snow drop stamp?

Yes, it is lovely!!!
~~Heidi~~