Author Topic: Zoom Crafting (7/15 7 pm EST) Supply List  (Read 1565 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Zoom Crafting (7/15 7 pm EST) Supply List
« on: July 12, 2020, 11:08:46 AM »
You all should have received an email from me with a link to our Zoom crafting time.  Let me know if you don’t have the email with the link. 

April has volunteered to teach us a project.  Here is a list of the supplies that she gave me.

Patterned paper and light weight card stock to match - both pieces cut at 5 1/2 x 9
Cut a 1 x 8 1/2 strip of card stock from the same color card stock above
Cut white or cream piece card stock at 2 3/8 x 3 3/8 - for a saying
Cut colored card stock (same color as above) at 2 1/2 x 3 1/2
Use punch or die to cut a circle 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 - white or cream for a word or small saying
Cut a circle next size up for a mat for the white circle
3 colored and fussy cut stamps or dies 2x2 to decorate card
Small 1 inch image stamp that goes with your theme and clear ink pad.

I thought I would put these here in the forum so people could ask questions if they had any.
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Zoom Crafting (7/15 7 pm EST) Supply List
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 11:14:28 AM »
I did receive error messages for several of the email addresses I have.  Please feel free to PM me your email address.
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 11:31:05 AM »
Here is a picture of the card we will be making. I used a die on the front of this card but we will not be using a die for the one we make together. One more supply I forgot is a ruler.

April :smile:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 05:16:48 PM »
That’s super cute, April!  That also gives me an idea of what kind of papers and stamps to pick out.  Looking forward to it!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 09:26:36 AM »
Just letting you know I heard from both Jan and Sarah and they are both planning to attend our zoom meeting.  I know I need to clean up my craft desk before then, and choose my papers and stamps.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 09:52:48 AM »
Thanks for the example April I was trying to picture having 3 2x2 images stamped and cut out and how that would fit on an A2 card :)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2020, 09:19:03 PM »
Thanks April and Heidi for working to coordinate the Zoom #2 card making activity! 

Here are my questions...
I do not use designer papers since I already own tons of background stamps.  When I look at the card sample I do not see "a matching layer" of light cardstock....Should  that be a color matching one of the stripes or should it be white or cream?

I will not be Zooming in the room where I generally craft so will I need to gather a tool kit of supplies such as....dimensional foam to raise up some areas... OR...Perhaps it is The shadows on the water bubbles that look like they may be darkened with a pen and stencil. Do we need a pencil to use with the ruler?  What about adhesive, tape, or liquid glue?  embellishments? paper trimmer? What kind of clear ink will we need.. I currently have 4 clear ink pads which each have different purposes-what purpose will we use this for...do we need additional supplies...like embossing powder? Thanks for helping me get headed in the correct direction!

« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 09:32:05 PM by Far North »

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2020, 09:56:32 AM »
Hi Jan, so glad you can join the zoom meeting! Do you see the teal color of card stock right above the orange fish? That is the card stock I used to match the patterned paper. I used clear ink (Versa Mark) to stamp some bubbles on it. We will not be using a die like I did on the front of my card. You can make patterned paper beforehand by stamping all over a piece of paper, then finding a card stock color to match it. Have your basic stuff ready like a cutter, adhesives, pop dots, pencil. Have any embellishments that you want to add too. Looking forward in seeing you!

April :smile:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2020, 06:14:50 PM »
I'm looking forward to tomorrow night!  Thank you so much for the pictures ... they really help when choosing supplies!  Still loving those fish images!

Jan, you might need to ink or stamp a portion of the backside of your paper, as a portion of it will show when the card is folded.  You can probably wait and see how much if it needs decorating and do it after the fact.

I think you were looking for light colored cardstock, where April meant light weight.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2020, 12:45:49 PM »
April, single sided patterned paper is fine, right? 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2020, 02:19:26 PM »
Oops, sorry, I didn't mean to start something!  Maybe that is the cardstock showing above the front most section?
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2020, 02:48:37 PM »
I have paper chosen, but not cut yet.  I did stamp images and fussy cut them.  Hopefully I will be able to catch up as we are going along. 

And my desk is clean!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2020, 03:06:05 PM »
Yes, single sided pp is what we need, Heidi.

April

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2020, 05:45:05 PM »
Great! I will be starting the zoom soon!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2020, 06:00:28 PM »
Help! I cant find the zoom link. I have looked in my trash and in my email and it was there before!

April