Author Topic: Stamping Chatter  (Read 4877 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Stamping Chatter
« on: July 08, 2014, 12:41:19 PM »
It is time for new product announcements from those stamping companies that work on a six-month schedule. I am not see any announcements for a summer CHA...in fact I saw one for November not January....please post if you see any news on that topic.

Tim Holtz posted a schedule for announcements for all his new upcoming products.

Please share any other stamping news you are hearing!...Jan

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Stamping Chatter
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 02:16:00 PM »
Well, there is no summer CHA anymore, it is only once per year now.  I would love to know about new stamping products too!  Not that I NEED anything.. ;D

I will check out Tim Holtz. Thanks for the link.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 10:05:53 AM »
If you aren’t stamping as much as you like, the other day I came across this inspirational post with some practical suggestions at Simon says stamp by 2 pea pal RubyRubbler  (Michelle Zerull).

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 10:19:18 AM »
Ranger also announced a new release of Texture Paste.  Tim shows how it blends more with inks.  Hmm but I like the contrast that other products naturally create.  Guess I need to see more examples.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 10:42:35 AM »
Ranger also announced a new release of Texture Paste.  Tim shows how it blends more with inks.  Hmm but I like the contrast that other products naturally create.  Guess I need to see more examples.

TFS.I can see the pros and cons there, but the way I work, the new paste may be more what I am looking for since I do also change my mind about color all the time.  Plus, I think I agree with him about the softness of the other pastes I have tried, but maybe someone else knows more about a wider range of brands.

Michelle's article was great!  I agree just stamp more!!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 06:31:05 PM »
Jan, Have you seen the Alaska state stamp that Lawn Fawn carries?  It is just a state outline but I thought of you when I saw it.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 02:20:30 AM »
Stampendous is now selling their fall and holiday stamps.  An online catalog is available here.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 07:56:59 AM »
Stampendous is now selling their fall and holiday stamps.  An online catalog is available here.

I really like the cling snow bird and the winter bird.  And some of the Christmas scenes.

Are their fragments just large pieces of glitter?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 02:24:51 PM »
Heidi--we have some similiar tastes in what type of stamps we like :laugh:  Yes, the Lawn Fawn stamp is on my list to consider...thanks for thinking of me!

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 10:40:44 AM »
Oh, Jan, thanks for telling us about the Stampendous release, I think.  Now I have a bunch of stuff I my wishlist that I so don't need.  :D

Heidi - the fragments are actually mica fragments.  Their mat in finish, not sparkly like glitter. And there is a definite learning curve with using them.  You need to use some kind of embossing powder or enamel to get them to stick.  And I had a bit of an issue with scorching the paper the first time I used them.  But they are kinda cool. 

My Favorite Things just had their July release.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 04:15:39 PM »
Oh, Jan, thanks for telling us about the Stampendous release, I think.  Now I have a bunch of stuff I my wishlist that I so don't need.  :D

Heidi - the fragments are actually mica fragments.  Their mat in finish, not sparkly like glitter. And there is a definite learning curve with using them.  You need to use some kind of embossing powder or enamel to get them to stick.  And I had a bit of an issue with scorching the paper the first time I used them.  But they are kinda cool. 

My Favorite Things just had their July release.

Thanks for the info on the fragments!

I will check out the MFT.
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 10:50:08 AM »
My wishlist just grew! I read up on this thread and checked out the sites.
I love the quality of Stampendous stamps. Love some of their new designs!

I've never used the fragments but I've had my eye on them. Are they easy to use?

I came across a new company last night and I am in love!!!
It's called power poppy stamps. If only my money tree would start blooming :laughhard:.
LeighAnn

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 01:05:22 PM »
I too keep checking out all the sites listed here. Most I have not seen before. Talk about enabling, LOL   :crazy2:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 08:00:34 PM »

I came across a new company last night and I am in love!!!
It's called power poppy stamps. If only my money tree would start blooming :laughhard:.

I have heard of the Power Poppy.  However, they are all digital, right?. I loved the images, but am not as cool with digital, especially since my printer broke. 

~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 08:21:02 PM »
They sell photopolymer sets also but their pretty pricey. To me anyways! They're $18 a set. I love the images and I know I would get a lot of use out of them but I think that's a lot to pay for a stamp set.
I do prefer rubber/clear stamps over digital. I have a few digital that I've got at good prices but I feel limited with them.
LeighAnn