Author Topic: stamping with wood veneer shapes  (Read 1389 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
stamping with wood veneer shapes
« on: August 07, 2014, 01:54:39 PM »
Has anyone stamped with wood veneer cut-out shapes before? 

I was looking through a magazine from the library and they were suggesting to attach wood veneer shapes/cut-outs to corktop ends and use as stamps.  I wondered how they looked stamp.  The magazine suggested this tip, but I did not see any examples of what it looked like anywhere in the magazine.   :( 

I've tried searching online, but haven't found anything.  I thought this may be similar to stamping with wooden blocks??
~~Melissa :)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Re: stamping with wood veneer shapes
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 10:37:37 AM »
I don't know why it wouldn't work to a fashion.  I would think you can stamp with any material as long as you can get paint or ink on it.  I would use a pad under the paper so it is spongy so there would be a better chance of getting more of the image since wood doesn't give much.  Kind of like using bottle caps for stamped round circles on projects.  

It would be kind of neat to stamp with the veneer and then put one wooden one on the project too.  I'll have to add this to my list of things to try.  Thank you for giving me another idea I might or might not get around to actually doing  :P
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 10:39:09 AM by CarefreeSadie »
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Re: stamping with wood veneer shapes
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 02:40:25 PM »
I know what you mean Sadie!  I too would like to try this, but I don't recall having any wooden vaneer shapes….but I do have my eyes peel for when I do find some pretty ones, I would like to try this and see what happens.  I like your idea of adding the shape to the page too. 
~~Melissa :)