Author Topic: Stamped Gifts  (Read 5908 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Re: Stamped Gifts
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2014, 02:01:57 PM »
Great idea Daniel!  and now that I have StazOn, I can try this!!   O0 Thanks for the instructions!
~~Melissa :)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2014, 02:40:57 PM »
You're welcome, Melissa.

Neat thing about this is that it has tons of spin-offs.

Several years ago my sister made gifts by using apothecary jars she got cheap. She decorated the square jars on the outside, filled them with potpourri & a string of Xmas lights. When lit, the jar glowed & the 'heat' from the non-led lights made the potpourri give off a scent.

Here's another twist on the 'frame' lantern. Build one & be sure to use a battery light.  Top the lantern with a floral arrangement.  Who needs to hire a 'decorator'? We have us!

And "No", I don't do Pinterest.  ;D I expect my crafty friends to 'see' without always showing a version online! :tickedoff: :smitten:
Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 07:15:15 AM »
Some really great ideas in this thread!

Sarah
Your calendar is adorable!

I haven been slacking on my gifts this year! I need to get moving.
This gift only works for crafty folks but I am putting some card making kits for a few friends, my mom and cousin.
They've all dabbled in or enjoy cardmaking. I got some clear bags at the craft store and am including PP, cardstock, either a stamped image or diecuts , ribbon/embellishments, base and an envelope. I plan on putting the finished kits in one of those decorative boxes you find at craft stores or home goods. I will probably include some adhesive, and maybe a handmade by stamp and ink pad in it for them.
Since most items will be from my stash, this will bd a pretty inexpensive gift.
LeighAnn

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 10:07:45 AM »
Personalized 'kits' are a great idea, Pug! TFS!
Daniel

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 11:13:11 AM »
I am making those pesky canvas thingies for the grandchildren.  I cheated and made one letter thing which I don't have posted anywhere.  It says believe (I bought it at hobby lobby).  I painted each letter differently and then added the grandchild's name and flowers and different things to make it pretty.  I made the one canvas I put in the gallery here and then I made one for the oldest grandson and it is on the website.  Here  He picked out the saying and I took the picture and printed it out on a laser printer so I could gel it down and it wouldn't run.  I only need 5 more and I am done. 

The mother mentioned yesterday that some of the grandchildren need fleece pants to wear at swim team events so now I will be sewing instead of crafting for Christmas....LOL at least it is something, it was kind of sad when the mother's said their children didn't need anymore anything for Christmas......sad that they already have so much and sad that I won't have much to shop for on Black Friday weekend.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 01:32:41 PM »
With the recent acquisition of 12 new StazOn midi-pads, I'm giving serious thot to making some gifts for Christmas. One I used to make years ago is a candle lantern.

Start by buying 4 inexpensive glass-in frames. Remove & clean the glass inserts. Then use the StazOn to stamp directly on the glass.  You may wish to color the stamped image with permanent markers--just be careful not to erase the StazOn while coloring. Sponge or spray the glass with craft paint. Then return the glass to the frames. Glue the frames into an open square & light with a votive/tealight in the center. I recommend the battery candles for safety.

For a quicker version of the above project, use just one frame. Stamp & finish the glass. Then stand the frame in front of a candle so it glows.

Nice idea!

i think Iring shared a similar technique in a framed project. 

Do you stamp then put the paint over the stamping side, right?  Not stamp on one side of the glass and paint on the other???.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2014, 02:30:53 PM »
With the recent acquisition of 12 new StazOn midi-pads, I'm giving serious thot to making some gifts for Christmas. One I used to make years ago is a candle lantern.

Start by buying 4 inexpensive glass-in frames. Remove & clean the glass inserts. Then use the StazOn to stamp directly on the glass.  You may wish to color the stamped image with permanent markers--just be careful not to erase the StazOn while coloring. Sponge or spray the glass with craft paint. Then return the glass to the frames. Glue the frames into an open square & light with a votive/tealight in the center. I recommend the battery candles for safety.

For a quicker version of the above project, use just one frame. Stamp & finish the glass. Then stand the frame in front of a candle so it glows.

Nice idea!

i think Iring shared a similar technique in a framed project. 

Do you stamp then put the paint over the stamping side, right?  Not stamp on one side of the glass and paint on the other???.

Actually, Heidi? I've done it both ways over the years, but found that keeping the glass front free of ink & paint allows it to be cleaned without risking erasing any ink or paint.
Daniel

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2014, 04:44:31 PM »
This year I am making all the girls bottle cap neckles, stamping the images on most of them.  Inches stamps work well.  I am toying with the idea of bottlecap key rings for the boys.
And everyone gets their handmade Christmas ornament, but that is not stamped.
Ornaments done, bottlecaps stuff half done, since I cannt make up my mind on key rings.
I have 5 kids and 5 spouses or friend, and 15 grandkids.  I try not to buy my gifts, too hard to do even when I have the money!
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2014, 10:33:46 AM »
Would love to see what you do with bottlecaps, Yankee. The key rings sound cool.

LOL on the '5 spouses', pal! Didn't realized you were 'much married', pal. (just kidding) ;D
Daniel

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2014, 12:37:12 PM »
Sounds like everyone is rockin' with great gift ideas.  Another thought for necklace type pieces is zipper pulls...I have seen them made with metal washers. Just a remind if made for a child make sure the opening is not close to their finger size to avoid creative moments where your recipient could get it stuck on their finger. Also heat embossing is fun on metal.

Imagine Crafts blog has a very good short video on stamping on t-shirts.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2014, 09:21:48 AM »
Anna-Karin posted a great tutorial on stamping a set of fabric napkins.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:45:47 AM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2014, 07:53:47 AM »
Just wondering if anyone is working on gifts now that it is almost christmastime.
~~Heidi~~