Author Topic: Getting Organized August Chat - Ink Pads  (Read 6223 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Re: Getting Organized August Chat - Ink Pads
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 07:47:33 PM »
One of my big goals with the new craft desk was to not have to stack my ink pad.  They used to be in two deeper drawers and stacked up.  So every time I wanted a color I had to shuffle through a bunch of other pads.  I'm much happier with the ink pads as a single layer. 
Sarah

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 10:02:05 AM »
I love seeing these photos!  Your distressed inks look like mine, only mine are in color families.  I like your idea how you did the dew drops.  TFS!
~~Melissa :)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 10:39:47 AM »

1) Are you happy with how you store your ink pads?
Sort of but I would like them to be in one place instead of many places.  I have some in drawers in on of those plastic storage things on wheels and some others in Tim Holtz ink pad containers (those big metal suitcase things they don't sell anymore).  I will need to take pictures later and post them.

2) How do you currently store them?
Some here, some there.  Hunt and peck to find the color or type I want.

3) What is your storage goals for them?
I am not sure I have any goals for them besides to just use them.  It would be nice to have them all together but I don't think that will happen in the craft room I am using now, at least they are all in the same area and within reach of the tiny area I use to craft.

4) Do you have some type of index or swatches of your colors?
No I don't but this might be a good idea.  I kind of have the tendency to use the same colors of inks for the entire card or project, like for the stamping and sentiment so they match.  LOL  So whatever color I start with I stay with that color for the entire project.

I would like to put them all into the drawers but I bought those suitcase thingies and I would feel bad getting rid of them so I will keep using them.  But the newer ink I have purchased has all been the mini pads so they don't really fit into those cases very well so they are in the drawers.  I just happened to pick up this rolly thing with the drawers when it was less than half price so I had to make room for it and of course filled it right up.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2014, 08:42:34 PM »
Sadie - if the Tim Holtz containers aren't really working for you anymore, have you thought about putting them up on ebay?  I sure if they aren't available anymore that there are crafters out there that are looking for them.   And that way you won't feel as bad about not using them anymore.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 07:52:29 AM »
I agree with Sarah that I bet you could find a buyer for your containers. 

So, yesterday I took everything out of the top drawer of my 3 drawer thing and put in my Avery Elle inks, and moved any other pigment inks I had to that top drawer.  I do have extra room now in that container.

But, I have the perfect pearls, embossing powders and odds and ends to find a home for now.

However, having that stuff out, I decided to make a background panel with the embossing powder and perfect pearls. 

I think that is progress.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 09:06:04 AM »
Heidi, that's great. You got your inks organized and it got your creative juices flowing.  O0
Sarah

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 11:04:08 AM »
Except for distress inks, Mine are all shoved in those iris boxes and a mess!

I love the photos, Sarah. I like your system for the dew drops. I need something like that.

I store my distress inks upside down but  not sure it makes too much of a difference. I want a better way to store them. And like Melissa, I did the Velcro thing to the bottom of them and didn't like it.
I have recently switched over to the round foam and I like it so much better. I do better with my blending using the smaller applicator.
I have a couple of the mini DI and the round foams fit perfectly in the cubes. I got those in some kits. I think they're great for trying out distress inks but I still like the big ink pads better.
LeighAnn

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 10:28:13 AM »
I don't know if you all have seen this, but there is a free get organized challenge being put on by The Scrap Rack. I signed up for it. Should be interesting. I am sure we could all find something to use that aren't necessarily their products, but it may have good info.
Get Organized Challenge

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 11:48:12 AM »
Thanks for sharing the link, SWLady.
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2014, 01:56:07 AM »
Okay, I guess some of us creative folks will always have messes no matter how organized we get.  If you need a laugh Seth Apter is now hosting an opportunity for bloggers to share a glimpse of their studios on his blog The altered Page.. It just might do your heart good to know there are others who are a tad messier than you when creating...and you might even get a tear in your eye from laughing so hard.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 03:02:21 AM by Far North »

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2014, 11:23:08 AM »
Okay, I guess some of us creative folks will always have messes no matter how organized we get.  If you need a laugh Seth Apter is now hosting an opportunity for bloggers to share a glimpse of their studios on his blog The altered Page.. It just might do your heart good to know there are others who are a tad messier than you when creating...and you might even get a tear in your eye from laughing so hard.

I went and looked through some of those "messy" desks......they look pretty good to me!  I always have a mess, I put things away but there is always stray product laying around.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 02:35:35 PM »
This is where i am happy to have my small craft cabinet bc I can shut it and then there is no mess, lol
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2014, 07:09:24 PM »
Thanks for sharing the link, Jan. 

I checked some of them out, and I agree with Sadie that some of them weren't that bad.  My space is still rather messy despite cleaning some of it up yesterday.  :smile:
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2014, 01:59:22 AM »
Guess my random selections where my style of nesting which gets very messy :laugh: