Author Topic: What size cards are you making?  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
What size cards are you making?
« on: August 10, 2014, 11:57:47 AM »
I know most of us started out making A2-4.25x5.5 sized cards cause they make the best use of our paper size.  Now that I am making more mixed media cards I am finding I need more space and have changed the size according to the projects.  What size are you making?

Offline GeorgiaMolly

• Stampers
Re: What size cards are you making?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 01:38:35 PM »
The size I've preferred for some time is 5x7.  Enough room to get pretty creative.  I like to make the card base from kraft, then cut down a slightly smaller pattern paper panel so that there's a narrow kraft edge (looks more finished).  Am using all kinds of stamped images on top of the pattern paper, a lot of them fussy cut,  sometimes colored molding paste through stencils.  Want to do more on watercolor paper with stamped images inked in Versafine and embossed with clear ep.

Molly

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 08:38:45 PM »
I usually make A2 size unless the stamped image really doesn't work. 

Watercolor and Bristol pads are larger and might be interesting to make the larger card with those. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 10:41:42 PM »
Fun topic, Jan!

I typically stick to A2 or 5x7 size ones. I also like to make 5x5 ones.
I've made a few shaped ones, mainly circles.

I've seen a few mixed media cards that are tall and skinny. Really neat looking cards and I think that would be a fun size to work with.

LeighAnn

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 10:58:07 AM »
mine tend to end up (since I usually do not plan on a size to begin with) being between 4.5 x 6 to 5 x 7.  I received some pre-made card bases as a gift and I want to try those out.  I think they are A2 size.
~~Melissa :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 09:10:33 PM »
Since I make most of my cards for OWH, I make A2.  Actually, I make them 4 x 5.5 because then I can get more card bases out of a 12x12 sheet of pp. 
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 09:26:10 AM »
This is a good topic. I have seen a few designer videos recently who use a slightly taller and skinnier card and say it is for a specific design reason (but I can't remember what right now!)
~~Heidi~~

Offline Scrappymo!

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 03:39:19 PM »
I mostly make 5 1/2 square cards. I just bought some bristal board for giving 6 x 6 a try as I have a source for envelopes that size.

I do have 6 Michaels cardboard showboxes full of A2 size prefolded card and envelope sets. I bought them and stockpiled them before I was a cardmaker. I do not like the weight other than for a quick notecard. I have kept them though as they are great for slicing in half and treating them as designer paper. I used them for backgrounds on other A2 cards or just as
DP elements  on loarger cards. The beauty of them is that they come in a boxed set of patterns that often coordinate. Easy peasy to take to a crop or to the lake.

Maureen