Author Topic: Funny 'finds' in your stash of stamps?  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Funny 'finds' in your stash of stamps?
« on: August 13, 2014, 11:55:52 AM »
While considering a few projects I wanted to do, I did a bit of stamp pulling. Found one that was a rak (think it came from Beady) that I'd never inked. I always figured it was a Balinese or Thai Dancer. Haven't done 'Asian' for awhile, so I pulled a few more stamps that I figured might work with the image. Then I inked & stamped the 'dancer'. LOL & Ha Ha Ha!

Turns out the 'asian dancer' has an elephant head & is definitely a lady. Her headress is a birthday cake complete with a lit candle. Who knew!? Needless to say I'm re-thinking how I'll use her, but use her I will!

Anyone else ever get a surprise find in their stamp stash? Please share.
Daniel

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Re: Funny 'finds' in your stash of stamps?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 04:31:01 PM »
I get those surprises all the time since I unmounted my rubber stamps and put them in folders (I mean they are loose in a binder folder thingy)  I always think I should stamp all the stamps in each folder and put the stamped images into the folder so I will know for sure what each stamp is when I go to use them.......instead I am guessing and stamping to figure out if I have the correct stamp.  Sometimes I have the one I was looking for and sometimes my stamping goes in a different direction because of the stamp I pulled out.  LOL
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 08:53:29 AM »
I don't get those surprises in my crafting room since I only have 4 or 5 unmounted stamps and the rest have pictures of what is to come  :smile: ….I get those surprises at the stores when I'm shopping!  

I'll be shopping and see a stamp y'all used on a card/project and I'm I always am surprised and every time I get a smile on my face!    My latest one was shopping at Tuesday Morning earlier this week and was looking at the cling stamps they had for sell….well right there was Daniel's trapeze girl he used on his August tag for Heidi to color!  BUT she was REALLY small in the stamp---about an inch and half tall---but there was no doubt that it was her!!  I was so surprised!  It was in a cling set by hampton arts or hero arts---I get the two companies mixed up (wonder why?  They both start with "H" and "A" and end in "arts"  ::) )
~~Melissa :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 09:21:42 AM »
What a fun thread. I am not sure I have so many surprises in my stash, however, I agree with Melissa about shopping at places like Tuesday Morning or Marshalls when they have stamp supplies. I found a beautiful botannical Stampendous stamp that I had never known existed before. 

Can't wait to see what you do with your lady, Daniel!
~~Heidi~~