Author Topic: Reference Sheets  (Read 1267 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Reference Sheets
« on: August 13, 2014, 02:45:16 PM »
The talk of swatches on the Ink organizing thread had me wondering:

Does anyone make reference sheets of their other crafts items?  Like for all the punches you own, or dies cuts, or embossing folders even?

And if so, does it help you in crafting?

I do not have reference sheets.  I just look at my die cuts or embossing folders themselves and pick out something that might work.  I have wondered if having an example/reference available would be helpful in planning or not---especially in those situations where I didn't already have a design in mind I wanted for a card. 

The only down side I can think off right away with making reference sheets is the time it would take to cut out, punch out, emboss etc samples and them keeping them somewhere tidy.  (I have a few punch outs for border punches I thought I'd keep as "reference" but sometimes they just get in my way and they almost find their way into the trash! )
~~Melissa :)

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
Re: Reference Sheets
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 04:34:44 PM »
This sounds like a great idea to me! But I think I would get lazy half way through and not finish them. hehehe.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 07:54:54 PM »
For me it hard enough to keep color swatches up-to-date.  If I don't add to the sheet every time I purchase an item on a sheet...I end up going back to recheck all the products because I never remember what is purchased or just a wish to buy.  Initially, I thought if I bought all of a single of a set I would not have to return to add anything. Wrong. For me adding-on over the year's is not as fun as the initial organization.  Consequently my more current swatches are not as pretty as the early ones...kinda like adding hand notes to a recipe and then not being able to read them when you return to it. LOL 

I have a thin plastic template of my circle and square punches so I can check the size I need.  If I happen to make an extra embossed paper that is difficult to know the look from the folder I will insert and store it in the folder.  But I find once I have worked with an item to make a card or 2, I can generally recall it for future projects. 

But each person needs to find what works for themselves. 

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 09:24:54 AM »
I don't, but I do think that punching each of your borders and pinning them up on your workspace (or whatever tool) might help me to use them more often.  I might just have to do that!
~~Heidi~~