Author Topic: Masterboards as cards  (Read 1548 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Masterboards as cards
« on: November 12, 2014, 09:44:16 AM »
I wasn't sure if this question should go under stamping or mixed media or elsewhere….

I know one year I really wanted to make a large scale winter scene then cut pieces (2"x 3" for example) from it, matte, and attache to a card base to make Christmas cards for everyone.  I didn't get to do it for whatever reason, but I did not realize that that was a type of master board until Octoberfest. 

Thus this has me thinking:  Has anyone made a master board to use in your Christmas cards before? or any other cards?   
~~Melissa :)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: Masterboards as cards
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 06:28:45 PM »
 Melissa, so a hand count is all you want?
 #> Yes, I have.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 09:34:59 PM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 02:55:30 PM »
It is a great idea.  I also think it would be a fun way to mass produce cards without any being the same. If you cut it into, say, ATC size, you could use the same card sketch for all and just get it done!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 08:52:43 AM »
Great question, Melissa!

Daria hosted a challenge last year where we used 2 stencils with embossing paste. I made 4 cards using my panel I made. I think I still have 2 of them. I will upload them if I still have them.

I agree, it's a great way to mass produce cards O0
LeighAnn

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 11:57:29 AM »
Here's a couple resources-
Masterboards-I noticed in the last couple of issues of Take Ten magazine they have brought back the 2 page spread for masterboards and cards made from them.

I only recall seeing MB made as background papers and cut to the most desirable pieces for cardmaking. Here is a good tutorial  on making a masterboard  and card inspiration. Note-the link is a PDF file-this is from the achieves of Craft Stamper magazine.

One Page Wonders-The differences between a Masterboard and a One Page Wonder that I have seen are that some use designer paper instead of stamping creating a blank page and the goal is to use every morsel of paper. Many templates have been created for cutting the specific sizes of paper.  Here is a link to aHUGE gallery section for One Page Wonders at splitcoast stampers.  Link to gallery section

« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 12:09:26 PM by Far North »

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 09:01:47 PM »
Lol!  Jan I didn't realize that my question could be taken as a "head count".   ;D    Thank you for the links….I had kinda the idea like the Craft Stamper magazine, but hadn't actually formulated the master board idea any further since had a few other cards I needed to finish first.  Those One Page Challenges are wow!!  I have never thought about using the entire sheet to make different projects.  Great ideas there!  TY for sharing! 

LeighAnn, I would love to see your cards from your panel.   :smile: 

Heidi, I too was thinking that using a master board could mass produce the cards, but also give a unique card to each person where they are all joined together.

I going to give this idea a try possibly depending on how well it goes….especially since I haven't been able to get into the routine of making a Christmas card or two each month this year….that's going to be my new year's resolution for next year.   :smile:
~~Melissa :)