Author Topic: What do you have?  (Read 5181 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
What do you have?
« on: December 08, 2014, 03:43:44 PM »
We have great threads going about challenges & swaps. Hooray for us!

This thread is your opportunity to share what you have in your stash in a very general way. And you can also share what sort of stuff you might be interested in acquiring.

No need to list everything you already have--my stash would be an encyclopedia set of volumes. But let's see who has what.

Stamps: This is a 'given' for all of us, right? But do you have loads? Just a few? Rubber? Clear? Mounted? Ums? (get the idea?)

Inks: Dyes, solvent, pigment, watermark, etc.?

Paints & more: craft paints, embossing powders, glitter, etc.?

Paper: Another 'given', but is your stash heavy with PPs, cardstock, found paper, etc.?

Non-paper: metal, plastic, fabric, wood, etc. Found or purchased?

Tools: Dies, punches, embossing folders, etc.?

Feel free to add categories... And for 'extra credit'? What something would you purchase & why?

Go forth dear friends!

Daniel

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
Re: What do you have?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 04:29:29 PM »
All of the above and stencils.  My new love.
I had a class on general working with stencils at my house.  And before the class when I was getting everything ready.  I counted my stencils and was appalled that I had over 68 of them.  They are so thin and take up so little space that I had no idea that I had bought so many.  Told myself no more, and of course since I had bought a half dozen more.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 07:22:10 PM »
LOL, Yankee! I stenciled before I stamped! Gave tons of them away, but still have loads of them. And they are such a natural go-together with stamping.  Good post, pal!

My inks have increased over the past few years. I now have lots of distress inks in the dye category along with more solvent (StazOn) ones. Have pigments & watermarks, too.

Stamps? Mostly rubber, but lots of clears.

Ribbon? I could stock a shop or wharehouse!

Styrofoam? (yeah you can stamp on styro) I have tons left from my days working with Dow.

Daniel

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 07:29:07 PM »
All of the above including stencils plus gesso, embossing paste, mists, gelatos, watercolors, chalks, markers (copics, spectrum noir, tombow, crayola).......that's all I can think of off the top of my head  :o

Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline lylacfey

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 01:30:09 AM »
All of the above and stencils. :) I love my polymer clay, cabochons, beads and bling.

Nothing on my stock up list. I just did that during the Thanksgiving sales.

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 10:21:53 AM »
Stamps- rubber, clear and cling! Love them all! I am trying to avoid wood mount when I can for storage purposes.

Inks- all of the ones listed. My faves are archival inks, hero arts shadow and mid tone and distress inks.

I have tons of acrylic paints from my other hobby, loads and loads of glitter(loose and stickles) gesso, embossing powders, painting mediums

Paper- too much! Cardstock and patterned, vellum, watercolor. I could wallpaper every house in our cul de sac with the amount of paper I have. ???

Non paper- I have some wood pieces that I keep around for different things, craft foam, felt. Some fabric scraps.

Tools- I have a few punches, maybe 5? And 3 dies. I have a lot of embossing folders probably 20?
And a few stencils.

I would like to purchase more dies in the future. I have a cricut and while I have a lot of cartridges, it's kind of a pain to drag it out when I just want to cut a circle or something. So I would like to purchase some basic shapes does and I have a few sentiment dies on my list.
I'm also in the process of replacing some ink pads. Some I've had for about 10 years and they're just now drying out.

Fun thread, Daniel!
LeighAnn

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 10:48:42 AM »
I own all of the above, some in larger amounts and some in smaller amounts....I have been hording collecting umm.....gathering paper crafting supplies for close to 20 30 years.  I still have my first 2 ink pads and the mounted rubber stamps I used to make a birthday invitation for one of the children.  I have stamps now unmounted and acrylic type stamps, actually quite a nice collection, but still can't find the perfect stamp for some projects.  I have inks from 30 years ago and newer inks like the distress minis, memento teardrops, and quick quotes chalks.  I have the original red sizzix and now the fiskars fuse and assorted dies and embossing folders.  I have acrylic paint in numerous different brands.  I have colored pencils, inktense, watercolor, and plain.  I have just about all the mixed media mediums.  I also have enough paper to wall paper the entire town.  Let's see, did I forget anything?  I have a cricut expression and the cameo.  I have a scanner, printer, large format printer, a laptop, and a desktop in the craftroom.  I also have sewing machines and material.  I think I have just about everything covered in some small way.  OH I forgot the spray inks and the india inks, I have a few of those too.

I will need to think some more I am sure I have more stuff, like lots of assorted tools.......LOL
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 10:55:17 AM »
I have most all the bases covered in the range of average to above quantities. The exceptions are: printed paper which I don't use very often and dies which I really can't justify my limited use to spend big dollars for the spendy ones. 

I would really like to know if folks have alcohol inks.  I LOVE the unique transparent look one achieves with them and at 2 Peas wanted to host some challenges using them but always seem to hear that folks didn't have any.  Is that still true?  Have you tried substitutions?  Do you have glossy card stock and what about transparent acetate?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 11:01:32 AM by Far North »

Offline lylacfey

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 02:23:34 AM »
Far North- I love my alcohol inks. It's one of my favorite mediums to work with. I have not tried the substitutes. I got my Ranger inks for a really great deal. It would have been more expensive to make alcohol inks than buy the set I have. I do luckily have a whole set. I love glossy cardstock. I am looking for a good dealer for the clay glossy cardstock. I always find "photo" glossy cardstock cheap but I don't think it takes the alcohol inks well as clay. Don't get me started on acetate. :) I really love acetate. I bought a ream of acetate on Ebay super cheap. I use it for everything from making my own alcohol ink creations to making stencils. Acetate is a must have for me.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 08:04:22 AM »
I typed up a long thing yesterday and then it disappeared before I could post.  I will repost later.

To Jan's question, I do not have alcohol inks.  I do have a small pack of a2 glossy paper by Ranger.  I made a decision when I started stamping seriously (now 2 1/2 years ago) to build up my stamping supplies first.  I am not sure if I have the needed space to store the Alcohol inks and solutions and blending tools. 

However, I do love the pretty effects you can get with them!  If I have the space and money in the next year, I may think about buying some. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 10:33:19 AM »
I have most all the bases covered in the range of average to above quantities. The exceptions are: printed paper which I don't use very often and dies which I really can't justify my limited use to spend big dollars for the spendy ones. 

I would really like to know if folks have alcohol inks.  I LOVE the unique transparent look one achieves with them and at 2 Peas wanted to host some challenges using them but always seem to hear that folks didn't have any.  Is that still true?  Have you tried substitutions?  Do you have glossy card stock and what about transparent acetate?

I have 6 alcohol inks, Jan. And acetate is no problem for me, either. I'd lve to see you host an 'alcohol, acetate & ?' challenge in 2015. Betting lots of us could (& would) play. O0
Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 05:46:38 PM »
Oh, I completely forgot about alcohol inks! I have quite a few and they're so fun to play with.  I'm still learning more about them so I would love and participate in a challenge! I do have glossy cardstock but don't think I have any acetate. I will have to check.

I love using them on vellum and I love to emboss the glossy cs and use the alcohol inks on it.
LeighAnn

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 10:06:11 PM »
Oh Heidi I hear ya about losing lots of posts  here in the last 3 days…I can’t even begin to count how many of mine have vanished when I hit the publish button.  I have finally stopped trying to win out over my computer and type and copy from WORD.

I appreciate everyone sharing their interest in alcohol inks.  They are fabulous like Stazon for being able to color things that are not possible with other inks. Heidi, if I may suggest don’t even think about buying lots of them until you experiment with a few of your favorite colors.  You can truly use one  3-packs to begin.  While the colors are transparent…the darks can be very dark and the brights seem to be paler in color to me.

If you switch to the round blending tools…you might use 1or 2 of the rectangle tools and convert it to an alcohol tool by pulling off the sticky and stapling on a piece of Velcro.   A little alcohol ink goes a long ways and lasts for MANY years.  And all of that will probably fit in a sandwich size ziploc.  I don’t know if you remember but Mashia stashed her alcohol inks on their side. 

As a sidenote … in Jennifer M-Kristin W’s video today,  Jennifer responded  in part to a stamper ‘s question of how to choose which ink line to purchase…with  “choose the colors you like the best”.  While I do love Ranger’s ink…Pinata does provide some color choices not available in the Ranger line.  I don’t find that the Pinata colors are pigmented as strong as Ranger’s.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 06:19:53 AM »
Jan, thanks so much for the advice about having just one pack of the alcohol inks.  It does change my perspective.  Maybe there will be a nice sale at the craft store and I can pick some up.

Also, my problem posting was my own fault really. I wrote it up and left the computer for 10 hours, so when I came back it was in a deep sleep and it erased what I wrote.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2014, 09:56:52 AM »
...Also, my problem posting was my own fault really. I wrote it up and left the computer for 10 hours, so when I came back it was in a deep sleep and it erased what I wrote.

ROTFL, Heidi! Who knew that "you snooze; you lose" applied to computers?! :laugh:
Daniel