Author Topic: Water Brushes  (Read 1428 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Water Brushes
« on: January 07, 2015, 09:53:20 AM »
I thin I want to get a *real* water brush.  I have a water brush I bought years ago on clearance at Walmart that was actually suppose to be for cake decorating!  I thought it was made by circuit, but maybe I'm wrong...though I know circuit makes some things for cake decorating.  The tip of the brush has always been real uneven and you had to squeeze the barrel pretty hard to get water to finally come out and sometimes a lot came out at once.

I thought it'd be simple to just get a water brush----but I see there are many options for tips and companies.  Do y'all have water brushes and if so, what brands or tips to you like?

I read one review that said the Tim Holtz brush you do not squeeze the brush for the water to come out but put pressure on the tip....do they all work this way or is this something with TH's brushes only?   
~~Melissa :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Water Brushes
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 10:24:28 AM »
I bought my waterbrushes at AC Moore, I think they are NIGI.  They are fine, but I am sure there are better out there.  I have both a medium and a fine brush.  Sometimes I wish I had a wide one for doing backgrounds.

I do store the water in the brush, but sometimes there is too much water coming out and I guess I am just used to drying off the brush part on a paper towel to suit what I want.  Some people (Jennifer McGuire for one) say they do not even put any water in it, but dip in in water like a regular brush.  That seems to defeat the purpose for me.

On my brush I do have to squeeze very lightly to get the water onto the tip.
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 01:31:21 PM »
I have a 3 pack of water brushes, I think the brand is royal langknickel?  I like them and have used them for a year or two. One of mine leaks water and always has so I just use it like a regular brush. I just recently got the Tim Holtz detailer brush. I like the fine tip on it. I do keep water in mine, sometimes it's tricky to get just the right amount of water to come out. I try and keep a paper towel handy in case I get too much out.
LeighAnn

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 01:58:43 PM »
 Here is Tim's video showing how to use his waterbrush (and palettes).

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 02:57:03 PM »
Thank you for the input everyone!  This helps!

Jan, I looked all over this morning for Tim Holtz's video where he talks about his brush--I found the CHA 2112 but I did not find the other one that you found---which was the one I was looking for!  Thank you for the link (and the search engine phrase you used). 

~~Melissa :)