Author Topic: Pigment Ink in squeeze bottles - what to use for  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
Pigment Ink in squeeze bottles - what to use for
« on: January 14, 2015, 05:05:30 PM »
I am cleaning some drawers and found 27 little bottles of pigment ink in squeeze bottles - where I got so many, I don't know.  What can they be used for besides inking up ink pads.  These do not match my ink pads.  Must have gotten them for 10 cents a bottle when Archievers closed.

Any ideas??????

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Re: Pigment Ink in squeeze bottles - what to use for
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 11:55:17 AM »
Well there are little ink things that people buy somewhere to use those inkers as regular ink pads.  I am not sure where the pads are sold but I have seen other discussions on other boards about using the reinkers to make homemade pads.  I would just use them on Tim Holtz little inker things and ink edges and color backgrounds with them myself. 

Hopefully someone else will come up with more ideas.......
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 04:43:00 PM »
I received an ATC from a friend and she made a shaving cream background.  I was thinking about how to make the background where you put reindeers on top of shaving cream then smooth the paper in it.
Could you use the little bottles of ink for that?
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 08:13:40 PM »
A couple of years ago during one the fests, someone (I think Daria but I'm not sure) hosted a challenge using reinkers.  You put a couple of drops of reinker in the bottom of a Rubbermaid/ Tupperware type container, added a couple of marbles and then taped your paper to the top of the container.  You closed up the container and shook it up so that the marbles rolled in the ink and then roll across the paper.  It made really cool backgrounds.   
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 05:55:22 PM »
what brand are they?  Some years ago Dee__??? sold bottles smaller than reinkers  that she used on her special sponges but much like cosmetic sponge wedges.  She would use them to paint rainbows, plaids, swirls etc.  If you think that is what you have I can check to see if I have any details.

Speaking of reinkers for techniques there is also a bubble technique ...Jan
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:57:35 PM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 07:05:12 PM »
I saw a thing on Pinterest where they brayered these onto an embossingn folder and then did the faux letterpress technique. 

OH JAN! I saw a funny remix of that person with the sponges on facebook recently.  Apparently that lady was really excited about the technique!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 08:15:02 PM »
LOL, Ann! Lucky you! All the bottles I'm finding are empty & they didn't contain ink. Darn! ;D

The 'shaving cream' technique had some popularity a few years--10 > 15  :laugh:--back. I think it was done with pigment inks (liquid &/or pad). When I saw it I had lots of shaving cream, but no pigment inks. It's a fun technique.

Thinking about it now, I'm not sure it wouldn't work with alcohol & dye inks. With all the attention lately to BGs, lots of these 'old' techniques are making the rounds again. And stampers are combining them with other techniques like heat-embossing & fussy-cutting.

LOL, Jan. That 'Dee' was Ms. Gruenig (Posh Impressions).  Dee has retired, but her images & style helped lots of stampers free-up their way of using stamps & color.

Back to your question, Ann... When in doubt? Explore & play!  Look upon your 27 bottles as a buried treasure. Get some dense foam/felt & ink up some of your stamps &/or fingertips (use the GS's). Add a dash of your embossing powders for good measure. See what happens & don't sweat what doesn't 'work'. Heck! Tom Edison tried a couple of things before he  found a material that worked for his first (successful) lightbulb--& he wasn't even the first person to come up with electric lights. He was just the first one to make it available to the marketplace. ;)

Daniel