Author Topic: Planning alcohol ink challenges  (Read 4639 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: Planning alcohol ink challenges
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2015, 03:34:38 PM »
Thanks Heidi!

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2015, 05:02:16 PM »
Heidi and Jan (and anyone else who may need some glossy CS)---I did see Tim Hotlz's glossy CS that Heidi spoke of---and it's on clearance right now for 50% off at Michaels.  I decided to wait bc I still the couple sheets Jan RAK me and I have a package of glossy CS from Ranger I bought a couple years ago---glad to know the Ranger is like the Tim Holtz ones. 

Good idea to check Office Max etc Jan!  Next time I'm in there, I'll look just for fun.
~~Melissa :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 09:23:15 PM »
The photo paper I've used is the HP 4 x 6 stuff that came with my printer and that I ended up getting free with ink cartridges.  I've got a ton of the stuff, so I figured that it would be a good way to use it instead of buying more glossy cardstock.  I included a couple of pieces I did with AI on the photo paper in October's kit: Link.
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 11:30:56 PM »
Thanks Sarah the info on the HP paper!  It may help someone who is still trying to find some glossy card stock.

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 11:42:34 AM »
That's the same photo paper I used for the recent AI challenges here.  HP glossy photo paper in the 4 x 6 size.  It works fine except do NOT use your heat gun on it, the heat gun makes the top of the paper crack.  But it dries and is not sticky. 
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2015, 11:49:02 AM »
Thanks for letting us know the brand names that worked out using photo paper.  I think I have HP....I'll have to look.  I know when stamping and coloring with dye inks, I liked how some photo papers looked and responded than others---but at that time I didn't pay attention to the brand names...wished I had now.
~~Melissa :)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Now OPEN-alcohol ink challenge series
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2015, 12:40:17 PM »
Our new 3-week challenge series on Alcohol inks is now open.  Stop by and check it out!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2015, 09:13:32 AM »
If you are shopping for Alcohol inks the the sets of 3, here is a site that shows you what many of the combos look like with the agate method.

http://www.theenchantedgallery.com/alcohol.html
~~Heidi~~

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2015, 11:38:38 AM »
OOOoooo. I want the 'Countryside' set!

When I shopped there was only the one set available, "Mariner" . I like it, but they are a bit dark.