Author Topic: Moving On--What would you have to take?  (Read 3549 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: Moving On--What would you have to take?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 02:02:07 PM »
ROTFLMAO, Cindi! I love your posts to this chat! Philosophy is always welcome, pal. Heck! I've done my share of those type posts to others' 'simple' questions/topics.  LOL on the 'luxury' of having free help to do almost any job--purging, moving, etc. My experience is you get what you pay for... ;)  And... If you aren't prepared to deal with reality? Even the best help--free or paid for--won't help.

My craft hoard--including stamps--is probably very different from most of you in terms of how I acquired it. Even with the stamps & more purchases I've made in the last few years, most of my craft stuff was 'dollar free'. Companies sent me samples all the time--some requested; some not.  It was a 'luxury' that I & my designer peers took for granted  for several years. It wasn't that we didn't appeciate, thank & support our 'sugar daddy/mamma sources' in our submissions for publication, but it was a very different Craft Industry in the '90s & early '00s.

Could I leave all my craft stuff behind? Yep! Do I want to? Nope, but... If the only thing I were allowed to take along when required to relocate to much smaller quarters, it would be my ability to create. And that accompanies us all--despite very smart & effective marketing on the part of the Craft Industry. 

I'm hear to tell ya. pals, I am so pleased with all your responses! And Cindi? Thanks for the philosphy.

Back when I worked in various venues, folks would hear me speaking aloud to (seemingly) empty air. They asked who I was talking to. I told them 'myself'. I ask myself questions & answer myself. I even disagree with myself & have huge arguements with myself (sound familiar?).  My point?  When it comes to individual creativity, stuff is not the most important part. Desire/need to create is.  To parphrase Jeff Goldblum in 'Jurrasic Park'..."Creativity will find a way!".

Still plan to ship some stamps, inks & tools (at this time) :laughhard:

Daniel

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Moving On--What would you have to take?
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 09:48:38 PM »
Daniel, I love your attitude!  :smitten:
Cindi