Author Topic: Easter Egg Inspiration for Stampers & such  (Read 939 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Easter Egg Inspiration for Stampers & such
« on: April 03, 2015, 03:11:00 PM »
With Easter Sunday fast approaching, I find myself thinking of the fabulous decorated eggs I've seen over the years. Some are real eggs & others are graphic versions. Regardless of the source the egg's shape (not just a regular oval) lends itself to a great variety of indulging our creative selves.

To that end I offer the following for fellow Inksters consideration & hope a few will share their links & such.

I cannot recall when I saw my first picture of a Faberge 'Easter Egg', but I know I was immediately 'hooked' to them--and the work of his artists. Here's a link to seeing his Imperiall Russian Eggs. I actually did a stamped version of an 'Faberge Egg', but (alas) can't find it in my picture file.

What continues to awe me is that the 'artistry' of each of these confections goes far beyond the cost of the materials used in their manufacture.

I did, however, find an 'old egg' of mine in my file. I offer it as possible inspiration to my fellow stampers with appropriate humility. Yeah, Right! :laughhard:
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Easter Egg Inspiration for Stampers & such
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 07:15:07 AM »
Wonderful egg, Daniel!  I love the sandcastle bottom.  I also really loved the faberge eggs from the first time I saw them in a photo!
~~Heidi~~