Author Topic: Crafty goals for 2016?  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Crafty goals for 2016?
« on: January 03, 2016, 11:20:06 AM »
So do you have any crafty goals for 2016?  Not necessarily resolutions, but things you want to do or try.

I know I posted this type of thread at the beginning of last year.  And I went back and checked.  I didn't achieve any of my goals last year.  Actually, I may have posted on my blog more often in 2015 than I did in 2016, but I haven't posted since June, so I'm not sure if that counts.  ;D

My goals for 2016:

1.  Finish Christmas presents by October - I can't have another crazy craft-a-thon Christmas season, like I did this time.  I'm thinking of starting a monthly challenge to help prompted me to work on them year round instead of waiting until the last minute.

2. Finish the scrapbook from my 2012 trip to California before my trip to Oregon this summer.

3. Try at least one new technique each month.

4. post to my blog once a week. 

And I think I'm going to stop there, in the hopes that I might actually achieve them this year.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Crafty goals for 2016?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 02:07:13 PM »
I also wrote on Jan's post in the other forum, but I will write something new here.  I need to use supplies that are untouched.  I not only got stuff for Christmas that I want to use, but today I found two jars of stuff (Faber Castell glaze and one color of Inka Gold) that I had never opened at all. I know there is more, too.

Also, I need to get back in the habit of having a little Crafty To Do list lying around, so I can add to it, and then when I have the time, I can pick something off the list to do instead of sitting there thinking of what to do.  That little To Do list used to work well for me, I don't know why I stopped. 

Good luck on your goals!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 04:22:12 PM »
Great goals, Sarah and Heidi!

I started a blog last year and never posted anything to it. So my goal is to get it up and finally running ::)

Sarah, the gift goal is one I need to make. I stayed up way too late many nights in December finishing up gifts.

Heidi, I too like the idea of a to do list. It definitely helps me stay focused and even more creative.

My other resolution is sort of a contradictory one. I want to use embellishments more on my cards. Something I struggle with. And to create more clean and simple cards. Lol, those don't really go together!
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 07:01:36 PM »
LeighAnn, it will be fun if you do start posting on a blog.  One thing I like to do is check out what other challenges people participate in on their blogs.  I post sometimes but try not to stress about it. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 09:02:42 PM »
I like that to do list idea. 
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 12:02:27 PM »
I like the to do list idea too!  From reading Connie's comments, it seems she might have one, at least for cards she needs. 

Crafty Goals
1. Make a to do list of cards that need to get made and find a spot for it, so I know where it lives!
2. Make some sort of birthday calendar for my daughters, maybe with cards and birthday themed "forever" postage stamps.  Hey, while I'm at it I should make one for myself!
3. Add some favorite recipes to the crafty recipe binders I bought my daughters probably 3-4 years ago, and never finished!  And give them to them!
4. Finish crocheting the wrap I started for DD2.
5. Crochet or loom knit a headband/ear warmer for DD1 (I have the yarn).
6. Crochet or loom knit an alpaca scarf for DH and new son-in-law (I have yarn for one).
7. Crochet or loom knit wrap for myself (yep, I bought the yarn for that too, and didn't make it yet!)
8. Add the handles and felt the wool bag I knitted two summers ago!
9. Scrapbook DD1's wedding before DD2's wedding gets here!  (your goal of scrapping your vacation before your next trip reminded me, Craft Nerd!)
10. Make some card sets to give as gifts using up some of the 6x6 paper pads I have (started last summer/fall and had to put away).

Thank you Craft Nerd!  I am really bad at putting goals in writing.  It will be good to have this to look back on.  A lot of these items go with your gift challenge too.
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 09:35:34 PM »
A good list of goals, Cindi.  I'm notoriously bad about buying the stuff for a project and never finishing the project too.
Sarah

Offline Scrappymo!

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 01:12:41 PM »
Hi there...Great topic!

Mine are:
1. To try and use up half of the card kits I have made up for myself over the years. I have 4 shoe boxes full, so it is quite an undertaking.
2. To try to stamp off and use at least once, as many of my unused stamps as I can. All woulkd be wonderful but I think, unobtainable...so I will settle for "as many of"
3. To try and use each of my embossing folders at least once this year.
4. To try to find a good balance between using up old and new supplies as I do not want to be a hoarder of supplies anymore.
5. To try to finish the inside of my cards (where ever possible) as I make them. vSometimes I need to leave some blank as I do not know what I will use them for. But other than that, I want those inside flaps finished.
6. To try to enter more challenges. It does take a lot of time to enter, comment, record and check if you won, but it is a lot of fun and I enjoy doing it. Just need to better organize my time.
7. To try and drop by here more often.

Maureen