Author Topic: Were larger cards more popular in the past?  (Read 1344 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Were larger cards more popular in the past?
« on: February 20, 2016, 07:20:16 PM »
I haven't been stamping long enough to know.  Did people used to make 5x7 cards (or another size larger than A2) more frequently in the past?.

I am wondering this as I am looking at a couple PSX stamps that are quite large.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: Were larger cards more popular in the past?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 08:15:05 PM »
I don't know about your question but I do know that I have to make 5x7 cards on a lot of PSX stamps and there are quite a few Spellbinder dies that I have that I need to use a 5x7 card

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 01:49:55 AM »
Prior to the Internet stampers didn't know much about what was being created beyond their community.  Once the Internet got established generally stamping sites or challenges didn't specify size requirements.  But I recall often reading the reason for A2 cards was explained: it is the most efficient use of a sheet of paper; envelopes were available and it could be mailed at the lowest letter cost.  Once I started swapping internationally I received cards that were 5.5x 8.5.  I don't recall seeing background stamps that large but I did receive a few 9" stamps as RAKs. Some have always made 6x6 and 5x7 cards.  Last year when I was making mixed media cards I often found I needed the space of a 5x7. 

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 08:49:54 AM »
Interesting topic. 
Since I rarely send cards, I don't often consider their size.
That said... I like business size a lot. Think they were known as studio cards. My other go-to is 5x7.
Daniel