Author Topic: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge – 2019  (Read 6445 times)

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
Re: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge – 2019
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 06:25:44 PM »
One more entry for today.  Thanks, Daria, for the use of your image!  I have had it for quite some time, and found it in my stash. 

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4567#top_display_media

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2019, 06:36:55 AM »
I went to work on a card yesterday and then got distracted with reorganizing one of the bins of stamps.  I cut down some of the Crafters Companion 8.5 x 11 stamp storage sheets.  I really like them better in the 5.5 x 8.5 size.  Then I was able to organize the stamps that were on them into better categories. And they fit into the Avery Elle pockets now.

Anyhow, all this to say that, when organizing, I also found a Christmas Stamp set and die that I had forgotten about, and never used yet!

So even though I have only made one card, I am making progress in getting out a pile of Christmas stamp sets that I haven’t used yet.

I am hoping that the coming week will be good for creating!

Now, I am off to the gallery to see the new cards!
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2019, 09:45:22 AM »
I was so excited to see four cards added to the All Year Christmas Album in the Gallery.  Of course, I left comments there; I won't repeat them here.

April, I love your card.  I'm hoping it will help me to get going since I have a stamp set with silhouette images that include a sleigh.  I had to have it when I saw Nicole Parmentier post the most beautiful cards she made with it.  She also stamped on patterned paper.  I just looked at hers, and I had forgotten that she used a resist on her cards:  http://chezparmentier.blogspot.com/2013/03/pti-make-it-monday-108-inked-backgrounds.html

Nora, I'm so glad you're on a roll.  I'm looking forward to when we can get together again.  It seems I only make cards when I'm with you and/or Cheryl these days.  When I opened the gallery and saw the beautiful cardinals, I knew you had posted them. 

Heidi, I think the best part about organizing supplies or searching for something in the craft room is discovering things we forgot we had.  I also plan to use the Avery pockets for my cling stamps that are not already in binders, but I hadn't thought about buying the stamp storage sheets for them.  I thought about using heavy cardstock and a piece of Graffix film since I already have that.  I already spent a fortune on pockets and magnets for my dies.  lol.  When I finished those, I thought about how many dies I could have bought instead.  However, I love the way I can now easily find the dies I want to use.  You've got me thinking . . .

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2019, 01:14:37 PM »
Daria, there were some stamp sets that had a good index sheet included in the set, and for those, I just laminated the paper index sheet.  That is a cheaper way than using the binder sheets.  Thanks for the reminder to use things I already have. I do have quite a bit of the laminating plastic around...
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2019, 02:19:57 PM »
Thanks for the link, Daria. I love her cards!

April :smile:

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2019, 08:36:21 AM »
Heidi, I love the idea of laminating the index sheet.  I have the Xyron machine in just about every size, and I have tons of laminating film.  I used my M's 50% off coupons on them years ago.  Thanks for that idea.

April, I love your card. Isn't it funny the way just finding a pre-folded card made it so much easier to make a card?  I have lots of pieces of cards.  Nora and I keep saying we should just spend a day just putting together what we already have to make a ton of cards. 

When I saw April's card, I thought I had that stamp.  I started looking through my Christmas card files.  I have Magenta poinsettias, but not that one. 
Looking through the files 2004-2018, I was amazed at how many Christmas cards I have made.  Then I came to the 2019 file.  Uh-oh.  I am in so much trouble.  lol.

July is a big birthday month for my family so I need to make more birthday cards before I make Christmas cards.  Maybe, I can sneak one in?

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2019, 05:01:45 PM »
April, your cards are wonderful.  I'm going to have to check out Stampalicious.  I think that card is my favorite of the three.  When I clicked on the wreath card and read your comments, I had to laugh at myself.  I have that darn Stamping Gear, and I have never used it.  It just looks like so much work!  I thought I would drag it out the next time some kids are over here.  I bet they'd love it.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2019, 08:59:10 PM »
Here is one more card!  This stamp set from Simon Says Stamp, I actually won a few months ago on one of their blog challenges.  It is really nice, but the banner stamp that goes over the sentiment was flawed pretty obviously.  I was able to do some precision cutting and it seems to work pretty well now.

Anyhow, all that to say that this is the second time I have won something from a stamping blog and then received flawed product as a prize.  I make them work, and it is free, after all, but I wonder how much flawed product they have to give away!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4576#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2019, 12:08:35 PM »
Heidi, I love your card.  I didn't notice a problem with the sentiment.  I even went back to see what you are talking about.  You did a good job saving it; it looks fine.  I really like the sentiment itself. 

Somehow, giving a RAK that is damaged seems mean-spirited to me.  Hopefully, they didn't realize there was a problem with the die.

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2019, 03:08:36 PM »
April, you're on a roll!  I love your cards.  I like the way you've combined the embossed pieces with patterned paper in the backgrounds, and those penguins are so cute. 

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2019, 04:06:45 PM »
Here is my next card. I used supplies I got from both Jan and April.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4579#top_display_media

I have three more cards in the works today.  Will be visiting a friend tomorrow so might not post till Saturday. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2019, 08:25:19 AM »
Heidi, when I checked the gallery and saw your House Mouse card, I just laughed out loud.  What a wonderful, fun image!  Your decision to use colored pencils was right on.  The coloring is wonderful.  Thank you for playing.

Daria