Author Topic: Whatcha working on?  (Read 10056 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Whatcha working on?
« on: February 22, 2015, 09:19:13 AM »
What are you working on today?  Have you started any challenges yet?  Finished any?

I've got a combo piece in the works, combining gesso resist, old and new, window and art @ your fingertips.  I should get that assembled today.
I've got a bunch of faux patina pieces made that need to be turned into cards.  I've got a couple of pieces for CG's watercoloring challenge waiting to be colored and some backgrounds waiting for stenciling.  So I've got a bunch of stuff started but nothing finished yet.  Oh and I'm hoping to work on Sadie's stencil inspiration challenge too.  And one of the patina pieces is for Melissa's impression challenge, so I need to finish that.

Hope you have some crafty fun time today.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Whatcha working on?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 09:44:11 AM »
Great work, Sarah!

I finished the Doodle challenge.  I have something in the works for the Old and New Challenge, but I am not 100% sure about it. 

I have an idea for the Gesso challenge and I want to try that soon so it can dry. 

I am having a lot of trouble making decisions about what stamps I want to use for all the challenges!  Also, I got sidetracked looking at stamp companies mentioned in the top 5 today! 

I have my freezer meal party this afternoon, but hopefully will still get to stamp!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 10:19:51 AM »
I have 4 projects lined up on my table.  So organized it looks funny to me!   ;D  I never do this, but I have a small top to a box that is holding one project with EF, EP, and watercolor paper; another tray, that is used for glitter, but is instead holding Heidi's challenge components; then I ran out of box lids and so lined the other two projects up next to the boxes in groups: one group is stamps for Daria's challenge, and the last is watercolor paper with EF.... 

Yesterday I hung a fluorescent light for my seedlings I planted---well smart me, connected some chains that I hung, one at a time while holding my arms up to tie them together (later, much later, did it don on me that I should had tied them together before hanging  ::)), well at any rate, my arms (deltoids to be exact) were dead....dead after that....and thus doing any crafting wasn't going to happen....so I organized the projects instead. :smile:

But today I should be able to play!!! 
~~Melissa :)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 10:24:39 AM »
Sarah, you've been busy!

Heidi, I love freezer party meals!

Melissa, at least your organized! My stuff I just tossed in a box because I was too tired to put it away like I should have last night!

I hope both boys nap today so I can play.  I want to finish what I started last night and work on Daria's challenge. 
LeighAnn

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 10:34:37 AM »
Oh my, life got away from me yesterday   My friend was checked out of the hospital after hip surgery yesterday but the last flight of the night was cancelled due to weather conditions.  So I am waiting on a text to see if I am still on cat sitting duty this morning.  Another friend hosted a Italian Big Dinner Party last evening so I spent most of the day making 4 batches/2 kinds of Italian cookies and one triple recipe of Italian wedding soup.  A fabulous 8 course dinner was enjoyed by all and we all rolled home laughing and enjoying moments of the fabulous evening.

So that's my excuse that I just finished reading all the challenge and making notes. Thanks again Sarah for the cheat sheet!  I am trying to focus on the gesso projects...but I must say Sadie's stencil project has my mind turning.  Happy creative moments everyone!...Jan

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 11:15:52 AM »
ohhh yummm, I just ate brunch but Jan has my mouth watering over Italian wedding soup and cookies and dinner and ...
I must be out of the food loop because I have never been to a freezer meal party!  Is it a party like pampered chef, thirty one ... that sort of thing?

I finished Sadie's Stencil Surprise yesterday.  It was really a lot of fun!  I'm itching to make more.
I also spent a lot of time messing with CG's watercolored EF.  After some trial and error I have a few pieces worthy of a spot on a card.

That's it so far.  I hope to play more later this afternoon, evening.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 11:19:37 AM »

I must be out of the food loop because I have never been to a freezer meal party!  Is it a party like pampered chef, thirty one ... that sort of thing?

That's it so far.  I hope to play more later this afternoon, evening.

It is pampered chef.  My friend is a demo.  You buy a "menu" of 10 meals worth of their condiments and so on and then you bring the meat, produce and so on and you use the demos tools to help you prep everything. I am splitting many of the meals into two because we are small family and so I should have 16 meals.  It is the first time I will be trying it, but I am ready for some new recipes.  They are mostly crock pot, but they have grilled menus etc.   I hear Tastefully simple has a similar program. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 11:25:33 AM »
Heidi - what's a freezer meal party?  I'm out of the loop like Cindi.

Jan - as big Italian dinner party sounds fun and yummy. 

Melissa - getting organize is important too.

LeighAnn - hopefully the boys will nap and let mom play.

I haven't started yet today. I was a good girl and went to the store. And my reward was girl scout cookies. And right now I'm working on the Mac and cheese for dinner. That way I will just have to pop it in the oven later once I'm done I'll have lunch and get crafty.
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 01:04:20 PM »
Gonna try to tackle Daria's 'old/new'.  And (hopefully) a few others. So glad many hosters are allowing combos, but gonna try not to go that route too much.

Intersting how many of the challenges are BG-related.  I like! O0
Daniel

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 03:20:41 PM »
We just got done with lunch.  Everybody was gone last weekend but us (we were home doing all the chores)  so lunch went later this week then normal.  And we all started watching Daytona 500, yeah the racing season started again....so I am just getting back to WF15.  I am not sure which one I am going to start with this afternoon, I need to go and look through all of them again......maybe I will just do the one that is at the top of the page when I go there after I post this.

Anyway I need to get moving to work off all the food I ate at lunch.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 04:03:42 PM »
I managed to finish 3 cards and start in 2 other challenges. Hooray for naptime O0.
I will get pics of them later today and upload.
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 06:40:18 PM »
Freezer meal making went well.  I also sneaked in a run since it was 43!  I didn't wear a coat all day!  Even when shoveling!  I mean, it is 45 degrees warmer today than Friday morning!

I now have two challenges done and have worked quite a bit on the gesso one. I am going to gesso stamp some images tonight and just let them dry till the morning and hope that works.  I am out of energy but I am also going to look at the cheat sheet and see if I can plan anything for tomorrow. 

It is supposed to be really cold again tomorrow. 

It is fun to see the new projects in the gallery!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Christinmay

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 09:11:09 PM »
Just finished reading thru the challenges (we had a very busy weekend!) and I would love to get started on something! This is the week I emerge from my creative slump! (Is there a "fingers crossed" smiley?)

On my list to try first are... Doodle, Watercolor Dry Embossing, color my world and Windows to the World - no particular reason - they just took my fancy!
Christin

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 09:28:51 PM »
I got my combo piece finished.  It took longer than I thought.  And I managed to finish 3 doodled pieces, but I need to attach them to card bases.  My stencil surprise piece is drying and I managed to watercolor three pieces.  I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with the watercolored pieces and the faux patina pieces.  I've also got my bits and pieces together for the impression challenge.   
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 12:18:57 AM »
Heidi, I had to laugh about you going without a coat all day!  The temperature is definitely relative.  It went down in the 40's Friday night so I put on a sweatshirt and a winter coat to go for a walk.  Today it was back in the high 70s.

Today I just had to make another Stencil Impression card while I had all my stamps out!  I worked on Daria's Old/New challenge.  It's drying. I finished Far North's Doodle challenge.  Tomorrow I'll take some photos and upload.
Cindi