Author Topic: Retail Therapy at Adventures in Stamping  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Retail Therapy at Adventures in Stamping
« on: May 07, 2018, 08:41:33 PM »
Since I'm always asking for show and tell ... I thought I'd share a few things I found at Adventures in Stamping   :smitten:

I kind of went crazy in Wendy Vecchi's area.  I always admire her samples, I love to watch her demo and I really like her color palette.  However, I don't have many of her stamps.  Well, I solved that problem!  I resisted the stencil/sentiment wheel last year and caved this year!  I was searching for a splatter stamp (because real splattering makes such a mess) ... found one!  She made such cute additions to the plaid stamp, and I'm a sucker for office supply styles.  It reminds me of a ledger.  I loved the bird and log planter from one set, and saw pretty samples with the note pad stamp and the flowers on the other set.  I'm picturing the circle frame around Tim Holtz Hipster stamps ... see what happens?  Luckily my mom gave me some spending money, so I can feel a little less guilty.

In addition, I bought a few Stamps by Judith stubbies to add to my collection.  I saw a few videos using Art Impressions new circlet stamps so I bought one of those with a 30% off coupon.  I swore I wouldn't stand in line to buy by noon again ... but I did!  30% makes a big difference.  Luckily I didn't wait quite as long as last year.  I also bought a little $3 grab bag at a stamp company that was new to me ... it had 18 little unmounted stamps, mostly tiny sentiments but a few images and verses.  I think I got $3 enjoyment out of opening it up and stamping them out so I could see what they were!

« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 08:48:48 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Retail Therapy at Adventures in Stamping
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 08:45:52 PM »
Oh wow, these are fantastic!  Thanks for sharing your purchases.  I love seeing what you got!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 09:02:49 PM »
Thanks Heidi!

Here are the dies I found.  Our Daily Bread had 30% off dies!  WooHoo!  They had really cute samples with the number dies for birthdays, anniversaries and 2018 for graduation.  They were especially nice cut from gold metallic paper.  I bought them even though I have a Silhouette because I thought I might have a hard time cutting that font with the tiny circles around the edges.

Most of the Poppy dies were in a box for 1/2 price because they are being retired.  I was sifting through the box with another woman and she kept handing me stuff, ha!  "Hey!  Look at these pears."  So I took them.  Then I put them back, then I took them out again!  I'm always thinking I'd like to do a Partridge in a Pear Tree theme for Christmas ... now I'd better do it!  Half price, couldn't resist!

Jan and I swapped some magic slider card bases from Paper Cut.  I bought rectangular openings and she bought ovals so we mixed our packages so we'd have some of each.  She shared some Funky Fold card bases with me too!  I got some cool paper from Hollo's by the sheet, mostly mirror card stock and after seeing the results of Jan's class I bought a package of MirriSparkle, also from PaperCut.  I'm not even going to try to photograph that!

Before I left, we die cut a few of each other's dies, so they will be fun to play with too.

Now I'd better get busy stamping, don't you think?!  TFL!

« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 10:10:15 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 06:42:48 AM »
A very nice selection of dies!  I have actually beeen considering the ODBD number dies.  With 30% off that would be a nice deal!

Great idea to cut some of the dies so you could swap them! 

Yes, do get stamping so I can see what you made with these!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 08:02:13 PM »
One more picture ...

I bought a few supplies to try foiling again.  Hopefully it works with my cheap laminator.  We'll see.  The booth selling Gina K was pushing the Minc.  There was another booth selling a Swingline laminator for $35.  I thought I'd wait and see what kind of results I can get with my Scotch Thermal Laminator.  I also bought a pack of toner sheets to try with die cuts or sticky shapes.  I saw a video of someone who made some quick Christmas cards with Gina K's Foil Mates, and I'm not keeping up with my own challenge so I will be in need of some quick cards!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 08:47:21 AM »
Wow Cindi you found some great deals and fun things, I almost bought that same trifold circles stamp when I went to our show here but was starting to get low on the money I took and I still had a couple more rows to go.  I have the other ones from them and only have used them once so I thought I had better pass. Love the ornament die that will give you something to work with for your Christmas cards :)  Thanks for sharing all your goodies :)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 09:04:50 AM »
Well, Cindi, you sure did find some fun deals at the show! I am going to the stamp and scrapbook show in GA in July to take classes and of course shop! Looking forward to it. I know I will get more than I think I will.

April :smile:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 11:11:20 AM »
Connie, I know what you mean about the Circlet stamp and die from Art Impressions.  It's of more limited use than other stamp sets.  I got sucked in by some youtube videos I saw that showed a few variations of how to make a card with it ... and the coupon didn't hurt.  I'm always looking for guy card ideas too, so thought it could be useful for some of the guys in my life!

April, have fun in Georgia!  Let us know which classes you choose.  I looked at Stamp and Scrapbook expo and it doesn't look like the class schedule is available yet.  It's so easy to buy more than you think!  All those wonderful samples ...

Thanks for looking at my show and tell!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 03:53:25 PM »
Cindi, like my hubby said you could really use those individually too, so that's another idea

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 05:04:15 PM »
I do admit I have not been buying many new stamping products lately and carefully thought through my purchases before buying. Before my move I passed on a large portion of my papercrafting excess and after investing many hours in organizing my supplies and filling the space in my new home to the max, I know I still have enough to enjoy for many years to come.

However, I did buy a few treasures. As always paper is a major downfall and I did enjoy purchasing several small packs of A Paper Cut's shed-free glitter papers and their StarDream sparkle paper.  Sadly these papers are not at their best in photos but I always hope it brings a little longer smile to the recipient.

Photos#5 Found this stamp die set at Our Daily Bread Designs booth.  After not enjoying the selection of stamps/diecuts for the Alcohol Ink on The High Seas class I was excited to find these turtles. It's my first stamp-die set. ODBD had a 30% off all dies for the show including all stamp-die sets…and so I took the deal!

Photo #5-the flourish die is by Memory Box.  From time to time I die cut light metal and felt this die would complement my other dies.

Photo#6-this 3-D embossing folder by Creative Expressions, Sue Wilson has a full flourish in each of the four corners.  I think I may use this most often for embossing only 1 of the flourishes.  But I have only seen geometric 3-D designs previously and liked this one.

Photos #7 Lost Coast Stamps-Ducky2 is so fitting of our current weather I couldn’t pass it up!   And Our Daily Bread’s Designs had this wonderful crocus stamp which I will add to my collection of springtime stamps.

The one thing I am glad I saw and am still considering is Ranger's new storage tin for AI.  It does not have a storage are for supplies like blending solution, felt, blending tools...but does hold more bottles of AI and can be turned upside down will out the bottles falling which has clever but never has been an issue for me.  Other small bottles like stickles do not fit this tin. I may buy 1 tin to fit the rest of my bottles...but that would make 4 for my desktop...perhaps too many...still under consideration.

Thanks for looking!...Jan
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 05:55:18 PM by Far North »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 08:15:57 PM »
You showed great restraint Jan!  I like your picks.  We're feeling like ducks here in FL too.  Your duck will be so cute colored up!  The crocus is beautiful and reminds me of growing up in upstate NY.  Your first die/stamp set is the turtles?  You will love it!  Perfect to use with your new alcohol ink skills.  I'm glad I stamped and cut some while we were together.  3D embossing folders seem to be all the rage lately.  I bet you will make pretty things with your 3D frame, as a whole, or just one corner at a time.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 12:39:28 PM »
Jan, I like your assortment of purchases. I believe ODBD is local to Akron so I wonder if that is why they had such a good sale on dies?  Anyhow, I noticed that cute turtle set in their latest release, I really like it! I own the crocus stamp and it is a fun one to use. 

I am sure the glitter papers will be very fun!

I am still considering the AI tin also, but I was waiting to purchase till my desk is done.  They carry them at AC. Moore so I could get one with a coupon. 

Thanks for sharing!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 09:34:04 PM »
You did find some fun stuff and I like what you did with the turtle in the gallery.  I like the crocus too, and that ducky just makes you smile :)