Author Topic: How do we make a hyperlink?  (Read 8272 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
How do we make a hyperlink?
« on: July 04, 2014, 12:10:14 PM »
I would like to highlight a part of a sentence and make it so once it is clicked the page goes to the link.  I have tried the globe icon 2nd row 3rd from right but that only asks for the address...at least that is what I think I am seeing.  TIA!...Jan

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Re: How do we make a hyperlink?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 02:24:39 PM »
That is all you could see before yesterday.  I installed a mod last night that makes it so you can highlight a word or part of a sentence before you click the globe (insert url) and the word or words you highlighted will become your link and the actual url will not show.... 8)
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 04:45:58 PM »
SWEET :smitten: Not only do we have a fabulous program for this site but also MS Wonderful Administrator Sadie who keeps things at their best for us!  Thanks Sadie!

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 01:58:02 PM »
I'm going to add my way of doing the link & 'dast' anyone to laugh at it. Well. Y'all can laugh if you want to--I'll even guffaw witcha.

Here's my way of linking a gallery piece to a post... (take note Lickey/UtahAnn) :smile:

Once I have my piece in our gallery, it has a url I can read.

When I want to link it to a post, I click on the hyperlink icon & type in the address. (No I don't do copy & paste! I'm old & a curmudgeon so don't try to teach me how to suck eggs!)

When I have the url done I click on 'ok'. That puts the link in my post, but does it twice. So I backspace from the end of the visible url 'til I reach the end of the first one. Then I just put in the name/word I want. When I did this on 2Ps, the OK click would give me a chance to do the 'name'. This program doesn't seem to, but it's a minor issue for me. Just a few more keystrokes.
Daniel

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 09:12:40 AM »
Cool, Sadie.  I'm going to have to try that out. 

My Latest Cards

Perfect!

Thank you.
Daria

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 12:01:00 PM »
Apparently the popup isn't working for everyone right now......But it is working for me......Maybe for someone who it isn't working for, log out of the message board and then back in and see if it works then.    It also could be a security item in the internet browser you are using.

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 01:09:21 PM »
I signed out and then back in to see if that changes the way the hyperlink works since I rarely sign out.  And yes it works for me, link to gallery here.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 04:00:28 PM »
Maybe the problem is that I usually don't use that linky button. I usually just paste in a URL and then it makes that into a hyperlink, but maybe doing it that way can start to cause problems.

~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 04:50:30 PM »
Maybe the problem is that I usually don't use that linky button. I usually just paste in a URL and then it makes that into a hyperlink, but maybe doing it that way can start to cause problems.

Oh howdyheidi I wasn't pointing any fingers.....someone just sent me a pm saying it used to work and now it won't, so I wanted someplace to try it out and see if it still worked for me.  I updated the forum last week one day and I was curious to see if that affected the popup url mod, but it doesn't seem to for me.  I also wonder if it could be something in the security in the windows 10 update that Microsoft would love us all to go with......I have heard a few horror stories about that update on some computers.  I won't be going to it until I absolutely have to so I have no idea what it does to a computer security wise.  As long as you are happy just inserting the url you can keep doing it that way.  I am sorry my post made you worry you were upsetting the delicate balance of the forum.....LOL

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 05:41:13 PM »
No, don't worry, I wasn't worried about any of that, I just was wondering about it because more than once my links seem to be the issue and I know I almost never use that button.  I will try to use it from now on to see if it makes a difference in my end. I use all apple products so I don't think the Microsoft thingey will affect me.  But I am like you, when there is an iOS update I always wait a week for them to work out the bugs. 
~~Heidi~~