Author Topic: CHA sneak peeks 2017  (Read 9048 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: CHA sneak peeks 2017
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 09:05:55 PM »
Thanks for the links!  I haven't see all of them yet ...

a stamp positioner
??? Another stamp positioner?  :o
I just got mine in the mail yesterday.  I ordered the We R Precision Press on HSN Craft Day.  I paid $19.99 and only $5 total shipping for everything ordered that day.  I debated and debated whether I needed one at all ... then I compared Misti, Hampton Art, We R ... Who knew there would be another?

The We R press has a working area of 7 by 7 inches and is open on two sides.  No magnets.  Today is the first day I played with it and I think I will like it.  I did have a few slip ups, forgetting to make sure the paper was butted up in the corner, but I think that is just a learning curve.  I chose the We R for the open, larger work area and I thought I would like not messing with magnets.  I bought one for my mom too (shh, Mother's Day present if I can wait that long to give it to her, probably not!).  Amazon reviews mentioned people with arthritis preferring not to use magnets and Mom has arthritis in her hands.
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 07:47:18 AM »
Oh man I didn't know that the magnets could cause problems with those with arthritis, I think I have a starting of it in my fingers.
Hope  you like your stamp tool, I love the Misti :)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 10:03:46 AM »
Connie, I think some people have trouble picking up the magnets ... you can remedy that by attaching a washi tape tab. (lay magnet on a strip of washi longer than the magnet, fold washi over the magnet and the extra on the ends sticks to itself to create a tab.  The tab is off to the side)  I'm sure you'll get lots and lots of good use out of your Misti!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2017, 02:27:32 PM »
I had a chance to watch the video on the new Tonic stamp positioner and I do really like it.  I think that not having the grid below might hamper how many techniques you can do, but I could just add a piece of graph paper there, so I probably am going to put this on my wish list.   It looks so simple to switch from clear or unmounted stamps to cling rubber. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 03:54:15 PM »
Oh ok Cindi, that is a great idea to pick up the magnets easier

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2017, 06:29:58 AM »
I was looking at the Ranger blog http://rangerink.com/blog/  this morning to see more of their sneak peeks, and I like that they seem to be bringing a lot of things out in a small size.  Like Wendy Vechi has a line of acrylic paints + gesso, glaze that are in the Ranger 1 ounce bottles. I think that is perfect for crafters not to have to buy large bottles.

I also noticed more small ink pads, both from Ranger and now Lawn Fawn.  The Archival inks have a smaller ink pad, but still rectangle shape, and Lawn Fawn has ink cubes now.  I do love the idea of getting the smaller pads. 

Ranger also has a small triangle tool they are calling a craft squeegee for spreading pastes and things.  I like that idea too.

Dina Wakely also has a set of 12 watercolor crayons.  It looks like mixed media is going to be huge again this year.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 06:41:26 AM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2017, 07:41:15 AM »
I just saw some of the ranger stuff. Love the smaller size options. It's funny, I was just thinking to myself yesterday while I was inking up a background stamp that I prefer the mini ink pads for most stamping.

I like the tonic stamp press. I've been debating on one and really liked the one that Hampton arts has. I like the idea of no magnets required. That's just something else for me to misplace!

Seems like coloring mediums still continue to be big. I think the watercolor crayons from Dina wakely look interesting.
LeighAnn

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2017, 04:56:12 PM »
I have too much stuff and am trying to avoid looking.   ;D  Although, I did see the new distress oxide inks and he has a few new stencils that caught my eye. 

I'm kinda bummed I got my Misti when I did, since now there are several more options at better prices.  Oh, well.  As for the magnets, I did the trick with the tape and just leave them on the Misti. 
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2017, 06:42:00 PM »
I found a good video on youtube of the Distress Oxide inks.

https://youtu.be/_BkKSTKGvmM

I kindof love them. I am even considering pre ordering them.  There was a place (Marco's paper??) that I saw had a deal if you preordered them.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2017, 08:51:35 PM »
there are a lot of good video's out there, just do a search for cha 2017

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2017, 08:05:49 AM »
These new scissors made for fussy cutting look new and different!

https://youtu.be/BE7gYNGbNa4
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 03:30:05 PM »
Those scissors are really interesting! I never buy dies for my stamps and I'm terrible at fussy cutting so I wonder if they would make it easier?

I really like the distress ink oxides. I had a dream the other night that he released some more distress colors. I woke up thinking did I dream that or was that real :laugh:?
LeighAnn

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2017, 09:09:48 PM »
those scissors do look interesting

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2017, 02:05:58 PM »
Connie, did you see the accessories for the Misti? 

I watched quite a few videos by ScrapTime and Craft Test Dummies.  I'm curious about the oxide distress inks.

Anyone see anything they have to have?
Cindi