Author Topic: WF19 Gift Card Holder challenge *** WINNER ANNOUNCED ***  (Read 2809 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
WF19 Gift Card Holder challenge *** WINNER ANNOUNCED ***
« on: January 25, 2019, 02:28:48 PM »
Life has been busy around here but we've had a lot of help.  We need to thank some people! 

Your challenge is to give this gift card holder a try.  It is really simple.  You can make it for any occasion you need, Christmas, birthday, thank you, etc.  You can use any type of closure you want or none at all.  Wendy didn't add a closure.  I added a die cut image to tuck the cover behind.  You could use an embellishment or small piece of velcro, a snap, photo turns ... whatever you like.   

I found this quick and easy gift card holder on Wendy Vecchi's Instagram.  She did a short video, but in case you can't view it, I will try to step it out for you with a few photos.

1.  Orient an A2 side fold card so it is in landscape position and cut it in half.  You will have two top fold cards that are 2 3/4 x 4 1/4.

2.  Trim 3/4 inch off the front of the card.

3.  Fold the back of the card up 1/2 inch toward the inside to form a pocket for a gift card.  I used skinny score tape to secure the sides of the pocket.

4.  Decorate your gift card as you wish!  Use at least one non-sentiment stamp.  That means it can be an image or background stamp.  I used both.

Upload a picture to the Winterfest 2019 album in the gallery and post a link here.  Use keyword WF19Gift .
I think it might be nice to have a few of these on hand.  I hope you do too! 

I had fun making my sample.  I made two of these and hope to make more this week.
I used an old, old Rusty Pickle clear dog stamp.  I don't think I've inked it before.   Now I can't wait to ink it again!  I also wanted to use a background stamp and I think I found a good fit.  Initially I stamped the dog image in black on white card stock and was trying to figure out how to color it like some of the bright multi-color dog paintings I've seen.  Then I remembered the backgrounds I made last week.  Bingo!  Much easier for me than trying to achieve the artsy look with coloring.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 03:38:56 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: WF19 Gift Card Holder challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 07:16:12 AM »
Absolutely adorable and not difficult looking!  Definitely a good idea to have a little stash of these to give a gift card. Thank you for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 08:56:47 AM »
I finished putting together my 2nd gift card holder late last night.  I really like the part of my background that happened to show through on this one. 

ETA : and a 3rd one in Wilted Violet

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 10:46:41 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 09:53:44 AM »
Perfect timing as I am giving away a gift card soon!!

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 12:32:33 PM »
Made a thanks gift card holder.  Hardest part was figuring out how to close.
Wasn’t there a matchbook card similar to this?

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/07FFD165-5870-4E43-A45B-C7F409596867.jpeg
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 12:28:03 PM by Yankee »
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 01:37:46 PM »
I hope to check this out soon!...thank for the challenge!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2019, 03:32:43 PM »
Sheila, there probably is a card that is similar.  I thought maybe you could put a staple at the bottom and close it like a matchbook, but then you couldn't glue the sides of the fold up section to form a pocket to hold the gift card.  Your Thanks card is cute with that lady bug closure!  Good idea to turn it sideways.  Did you use a non-sentiment stamp on it anywhere?

Wendy Vecchi's samples are really nice, but I'm not sure if you can see them if you don't have an Instagram account.  I checked her blog but she didn't post them there, and since it was a video, not a picture, I couldn't figure out a way to share the pictures.
Cindi

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 05:39:18 PM »
I stamped butterfly’s on the inside, to follow with insects on the outside.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2019, 07:05:27 PM »
Perfect!   Thank you.
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 01:03:01 PM »
This is a great idea! I give a lot of gift cards, so these will be perfect!

April :smile:

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 09:36:54 AM »
Here are my 2 gift card holders. These were easy and fun to make! Thanks for the challenge!

April :smile:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4332#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019, 12:09:55 PM »
I'm glad you enjoyed making gift card holders, April.  Yours turned out really cute!  I love the idea of using double sided paper.  Thanks for playing!
Cindi

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 04:52:31 PM »
Finally finished the second one.
Seth showed how to use colorbrusts through a stencil in a Video. So I tried it, why too messy and I had to use a stray to stop the color from off on my hands.  Alway I wanted to use some of those pieces.
So I covered the front with one, stamped tiny flower and small words so not to cover it up.  Wrapped paper ribbon a n heavy cardstock at bottom to make closure.  Almost worked, but I had to round corners to make it fit.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/34058EED-189F-4A4C-B6EF-DE58A23EEDFF.jpeg
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 12:26:03 PM by Yankee »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2019, 11:15:00 PM »
Thanks for playing again Sheila!  I like the small size of these gift card holders.  I'm glad you could use a piece from your stenciling.  It's pretty  and the stamping let's the background show.
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2019, 10:09:06 AM »
Thanks Cindi for the challenge, we are showering our Youth Pastor this Sunday with gift cards for his 30th birthday.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4352#top_display_media