Author Topic: Inkpad Cases as Stamps--a chat  (Read 2590 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Inkpad Cases as Stamps--a chat
« on: October 30, 2014, 11:13:24 AM »
Although this is not a new technique for me, I thot it might be worth passing along &/or discussing.

Many of us have a variety of pads--full size, midis, cat's eye, cubes, wedges, dew drops, etc. Most are plastic & the lids & bottoms make terrific stamps in their own right.

I've found that my 'pad stamps' work with all my different inks & that I can use them to build frames, flowers & much more. And since I always have lots of pads on my table, I always have some stamps on hand.

So how about you? Have you used your inkpad as the stamp?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 08:38:21 AM by Looser »
Daniel

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
Re: Inkpads as Stamps--a chat
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 03:06:02 PM »
Not on purpose! LOL

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 04:06:44 PM »
Yes I have.  I used some small ink pads as background for the inches I made for a swap.  Or it might have been the twinches swap.  It was last year.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 04:23:05 PM »
Good idea Yankee!  I have some dried out inchie ink pads that are those cheapie kind sold in some kits (real thin foam/felt---though a few did last several years surprisingly)----  I've saved them incase I ever wanted a case for making my own ink pads , but the way you used them, Yankee, gives me the idea to use them as stamps!   Now to fins were a "saved" them…..    :-\

I do not recall ever using an ink pad as a stamp Daniel.  But I can see how the petal ones might make nice flowers.

~~Melissa :)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 05:41:31 PM »
And when one gets bored making frames with the outside case, stamping with the pad direct to paper (DTP) is always interesting too.

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 09:13:47 PM »
Oh I totally missed that you meant to stamp with the case itself Daniel!  I thought you meant DTP....oh I never thought of using the lid!  That is really interesting ... I will have to try it! 
~~Melissa :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 08:02:19 AM »
I dont think I have.  However, I finally just got caught up on the gallery and noticed that the mask u made used the small stamp pad for the eyes.  Very cool!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 08:36:43 AM »
And when one gets bored making frames with the outside case, stamping with the pad direct to paper (DTP) is always interesting too.

Amen, Jan! Plus... You can combine stamping both the case & the pad. Since the pad is smaller than its case, you can do a DTP & 'frame' it with the case-as-a-stamp. ;)
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: Inkpad Cases as Stamps--a chat
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 11:51:43 AM »
Watch for a challenge... ;)
Daniel

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Inkpad Cases as Stamps--a chat
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 10:59:54 AM »
I have done this with the pad direct to paper and made a body for an owl and his wings using the teardrop pads, but I have never used the lid. Sounds interesting. I hope I will be able to try your challenge! :smile:

Stampwilly