Author Topic: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge, 2020  (Read 3143 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
Re: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge, 2020
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2020, 02:02:08 PM »
Heidi, no wonder it took you so long to make those cards!  All the details are wonderful.  These cards are going to bring cheer and warmth to someone's home for Christmas.

Daria

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2020, 10:55:48 AM »
Well here are the last of my cards, I have had this page of Penny Black stickers for over a year now and have been moving them around trying not to let them get bent and I decided it was time to make them into cards so I can quite that.

Sorry I took the pictures individually for my blog and forgot to take them in groups for posting here, and yes I was too lazy to get them back out and take more pictures.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5117#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5116#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5115#top_display_media

The last two seemed more like winter cards than Christmas but I tried to make them feel like Christmas

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5114#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5113#top_display_media

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2020, 09:50:32 PM »
Connie, I started to comment on your cards this morning, and then I was distracted.  I'm just now getting back to finish looking at them.  That is a lovely set of stickers that you used, and you made some beautiful cards with them.

Today is the last day of the challenge.  There are still a few hours left.  I'll be back in the morning to double-check and count all the cards.  I think you guys have done a great job.

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2020, 06:50:00 PM »
I forgot!  So sorry to be late today.

I have looked at all of your cards in the gallery once again and double-checked against the links you posted in this thread.  I believe I have found all of the cards!  You guys made sixty-four cards!

I wore out my hand writing your names again and again.  Congratulations on adding so many cards to your Christmas card stash this month.  Hmm.  If you sent all those cards to me, I'd be done with my Christmas cards for the year.  lol.  That's all right.  You gave me some great ideas.

My daughter did the honors this year.  It's so late, I didn't even have to wake her up this year to draw the names. 

Are you ready for the name of the first winner?
After shaking everything up very well,
my daughter drew the name of
the lucky winner,
Conniecrafter!  Congratulations, Connie!

Wait, we're not done. 
We have a second winner today,
and the name that my daughter drew
the second time she shook everything up
was
Nora!
Congratlations, Nora.

This year because of the pandemic, I am staying in my house--no shopping and no standing in line at the post office to mail packages.  For this year's prize, I'd like to send you a gift certificate to the online retailer you like to use.  Is there something you've been wanting to buy?  Tell me where you'd like to use your prize and I will send you a gift certificate for that online store.  Please be sure that the store of your choice offers gift certificates.  I'll need your email address so they can send it to you.

Thank you to everyone who played this year.  I loved seeing your cards and getting ideas.

Cindi, I don't know how I missed the video link you provided.  I did see it today when I was looking through everyone's posts again.  I will watch that and get back to you.

Hugs to all,
Daria

« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 06:52:01 PM by djc »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2020, 06:58:05 PM »
Congrats Connie and Nora! 

Thank you for having this challenge. I feel a little more caught up now.  And I enjoyed seeing all the different styles of cards from everyone.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2020, 03:14:14 PM »
Wow - what a wonderful surprise!  Thank you so much, Daria, for the fun challenge!  I have finally gotten into my Christmas card making for this year.  It took me awhile, but I got there.  I also enjoyed seeing all the beautiful cards this year for Christmas in July!   Thanks again!  Will be in touch with you soon.

Nora

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2020, 03:23:46 PM »
Great, Nora.

Now, all I need is for Connie to come and see who won!

Daria

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2020, 08:47:10 PM »
Oh sorry it has been a very busy day, thanks so much, it felt so good to get so many done in July since my Autumn has so many birthday cards that need to get done :)  You are so sweet to offer a gift certificate, I have no idea if the stores I go to have them or not.

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2020, 10:15:42 PM »
I'm sending you a private message.

Daria

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2020, 09:43:49 AM »
Congrats, Connie and Nora! What a fun prize too.

April :smile:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2020, 01:22:57 PM »
Congratulations Connie and Nora!  You are all winners for adding to your Christmas card stashes!

Ha!  And as I sit here typing, I realize it's the 3rd of August already and it's my turn again.  I'll post Christmas All Year, August in a few minutes.

Thanks Daria!  You are the hostess with the mostess!  Isaias changed my last minute card making plans :( I loved looking at what everyone else made.
Cindi