Author Topic: Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Halloween  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Halloween
« on: August 09, 2018, 07:39:59 PM »
Did you see this video of the new Tim Holtz Fall/Halloween stamps, stencils, etc?

It's was on FB live but I just watched it after the fact on youtube.  I keep telling myself I don't need anymore Halloween supplies ... but these look awesome and it's worth watching just to see the samples people made for him.

What are your faves?

I really like the zombies with their crazy sentiments and the hand (I think that is part of the zombie set).  The shifter stencils are pretty cool too, although you can probably do that with most stencils.  The tombstones people made (at the end of the video) are awesome!  Lots of samples use lift ink.  I'm still waiting for mine.  I ordered from LSS and her shipment was missing them!  So I'm still waiting.

Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Halloween
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 08:04:00 PM »
I didn’t see it earlier, so I speed watched it just now. I do like the leaves, although I won’t get them because I have too many similar stamps. The background stamps are all cool too.

I love the idea of the tombstone decorations.  Very cool!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 02:22:43 PM »
Cool stuff but I don't make much halloween cards, but I did enjoy seeing all the examples of what they did with them

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 09:53:43 AM »
Thanks a lot, Cindi.  I just killed an hour!  I keep telling myself to start making Halloween cards.  I fell in love with them when we made them at the Marathon classes.  I still have almost all of the ones I've made over the last few years so all I need to do is mail them out! 

I really liked the samples Tim showed.  I'm getting ready to go check out Richelle Christensen's blog to look for details; I love all her samples.  I also loved the very simple cards with just black stamping over colored or neutral backgrounds and the color-blocked cards.  I have an adult nephew that is really into Halloween.  He creates the most wonderful Haunted House all around his home--front yard, side yards, backyard.  He buys stuff for it, but he also makes most of it himself.  It is incredibly scary.  He's very artistic.  I think he'd absolutely love those Zombie cards!

Until I start making cards with what I already have, I won't add to my Halloween stash, but these will sure be on my mind.

Thanks for the heads-up.
Daria