Author Topic: Show off your card thread  (Read 2992 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Show off your card thread
« on: January 02, 2015, 09:39:19 AM »
I thought I would start a thread for cards in the gallery that you might want to "show off" but don't fit any of the challenge or swap threads.

Here is a card I made yesterday.  It was amazing how long it took me. I first tried to do heat embossing on the images, but they weren't crisp enough for me, so I redid it in black.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=875#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: Show off your card thread
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 11:01:07 AM »
Great idea for this thread!  I had a similar thought for our blog posts.  2 Peas didn't like that cause they felt it drew folks away from their store with blogs that promoted specific product sales...but that is not the case here.  The cards on my blog are mostly for the DT and take twice the work posting on my blog and the behind the scenes prep.  Once I am done my hands have usually given out.  I love to just post a link. 

Heidi I posted a comment for you :smile:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 12:34:38 PM »
Jan, I think you should definitely start a blog post sharing thread. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 09:44:08 PM »
Great thread idea, Heidi! I left a comment on your card, I love the layout of it. Sometimes when I make cards where I use more than 1 sheet of PP, it takes me a long time to figure out how I want to make it all work!

And jan, that's a fantastic idea. I once had everyone's blog bookmarked and I lost them all when I did a software update on my iPad.

I was checking out Ann's thread on gesso. I was able to locate some pics of a couple of gesso resist cards I had made. It is such a fun product to work with. And for whatever reason, it's easier for me to do this instead of heat embossing large images.

Here is my first gesso resist  card. It was easy and fun to do-
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=886
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 07:58:11 AM »
LeighAnn, I am glad you shared your card here. It is lovely!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
~~Heidi~~