Author Topic: Scissors  (Read 1418 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Scissors
« on: March 16, 2017, 11:12:51 AM »
I noticed that my Tonic scissors are getting pretty worn down.  We use them for jobs all over the house, not just crafting.  For crafting, I use them to cut thin wire and when mounting my unmounted stamps.  It would be nice if they cut ribbon nicely, but I don't find that they do...

Does anyone know of a pair of scissors that does a great job with that type of thing?  I am wondering if I should look at other scissors or just buy another pair of the tonics. 

TIA!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Scissors
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 08:01:55 AM »
Heidi, I think the best pair of ribbon scissors you can find are any that you can manage to save just for ribbon and/or fabric.  I have a large pair of Fiskars I keep hidden in my sewing basket.  That said, I have a small pair of Fiskars snips in my stamping tote that I'm not as careful with, and I think they work well too.

ETA : I just went and tested a few pairs, I think mine are these Fiskars micro tip.  I bought them for detail paper cutting but I just tried them on ribbon and they were fine.

I also have spring loaded Fiskars which it looks like they are calling Easy Action that I use for cutting paper all of the time, but they worked on the ribbon too.  You really don't need spring loaded for trimming ribbon though, so I would go with the pair I linked above.  Mine are 5 inches long over all.  The blade is approximately two inches long.  The Fiskars site shows them being used on fabric. 

Sorry it has taken me so long to answer.  I was on vacation. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 08:03:35 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 12:18:21 PM »
Thanks, Cindi! I haven't gotten any scissors yet, so I will look into these!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 12:47:26 PM »
I use my fabric shears as long as the ribbon does not have wired edges. 

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 02:43:29 PM »
Ahh, yes!  Good reminder Jan!
Cindi