Author Topic: Creative Challenge - Watercolor with a twist  (Read 705 times)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Creative Challenge - Watercolor with a twist
« on: August 24, 2020, 09:47:36 AM »
Here is a different way to watercolor that I saw online recently. I hope you will enjoy this technique. It will look blobby at first, but I thought it was a pretty look when finished.

Take a piece of watercolor paper and spritz it LIGHTLY with water. Ink up solid stamps and stamp them on the wet paper. At first you will have blobs. Let the paper dry just a bit and ink your stamps and stamp again. As the paper dries each stamping will show a little more. Keep stamping until you like the look. The finished piece will look watercolored but with some detail too. For my last stamping I did use a little more detailed flower stamp (mum) over top.  Have fun!

April :smile:

example -- http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5152#top_display_media
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 03:06:52 PM by stampwilly »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Creative Challenge - Watercolor with twist
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 10:36:02 AM »
This is a very interesting technique.  Your sample turned out very pretty.  Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: Creative Challenge - Watercolor with a twist
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 08:30:32 PM »
Like watercolor look, I will have to check out my solid stamps

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 02:35:38 PM »
Well when I came back to post this and rereading I did the challenge wrong I think we were to use the same stamp on top of one another, I used the solid stamp and then the outline stamp after, sorry about that.  you all know how slow I am so I had to keep spritzing down my water color paper with water so that my inks would run and it is funny how some of my distress inks ran good and others pretty much kept their shape so maybe I needed even more water, I don't know but I am happy with the way it turned out.

Card

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 04:09:12 PM »
Shoot! I ran out of time, I will try to get this done in the next week.  Sorry! This weekend just flew by.
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 10:51:26 AM »
Connie, even if we do the challenges differently, at least we are doing something! I love your card and you came up with a fun and different way to stamp your stamps. Thanks for doing the challenge.

April :smile:

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 11:08:14 AM »
Thanks April, I did like the effect it gave with some of the inks ;)