Author Topic: Christmas All Year - November 2020  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - November 2020
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2020, 04:51:25 PM »
I watercolored two card fronts while we were in Denver ... anyone know where I put them?  Ugh! 

I'm pretty sure they made it home and I put them in a "safe" place!  Something tells me, that I did unpack them.  I think?

I checked inside magazines and books that I took to Denver, in case I put them in the cover to keep them flat?  Nope.

I checked in the box with my Christmas card parts ... would have made sense, but no.

Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2020, 10:26:28 AM »
Oh I feel your pain Cindi, I have all my Christmas stuff in two areas in my room, stamps in one drawer and all my other goodies in another area, and I could not find an embossing folder I just knew I had, it took me 30 minutes of going through things and it was finally in one of those accordion containers with all the pockets, I found that and some more Christmas paper I had forgotten I had, did you maybe put it in a pocket in your suitcase that you forgot to clean out, that has happened to me before, good luck finding them!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2020, 11:57:11 AM »
I made two of this card!
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5249#top_display_media

Cindi, did you clean out all your luggage? Sometimes I put flat things in that outside pocket of the suitcase.  Hope you find them!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2020, 06:17:17 PM »
Heidi, that cat is so funny!  It's like, it's saying "yep, I'm guilty and I'd do it again"!

Thanks for the encouragement to take another look for my watercolored card fronts!  I found them!
I got my suitcase back out, not there.  Checked my tote bag, and shook some books and magazines, not there.
I did vaguely remember unpacking them and putting them "somewhere safe", ha! 

I found them in a DVD case of other pre-stamped and watercolored pieces.  Turns out I have two DVD cases, and they weren't in the case that's with my Art Impressions stamps and markers.  I found the second case, in a pile that I had swiped off my desk at some point.  I also found a Thanksgiving image I colored for 3 more cards and a feather tree of sorts I painted along with a youtube video.  I'd better get those Thanksgiving images on to card fronts!  Oh, and in another spot I found some Easter cards I started, probably last February! 

A gold mine!  Ha! 

Last night I made a few simple Christmas tags and added them to the gallery.  The tag has a heart cutout as part of the die but I thought that was ok for Christmas.

I thought of something for the "V" prompt, if anyone needs inspiration ...  Vellum!

Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2020, 03:08:52 PM »
Here are the 4 cards I made on Saturday:
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5257#top_display_media

Cindi, glad you found the card fronts!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2020, 04:36:28 PM »
I finished 8 cards today.  I needed to finish the insides and some needed gems, etc.
Sometimes I get so excited that the front is done, that it just sits there forever till I need it!
I don’t know when I started doing that!

I finally got all the Thanksgiving ones in the mail.  I thought I had too many then I started addressing them and I had two make two more.  Then I had to make three more!  I sure hope I don’t repeat that with the
Christmas cards!
Born on the fourth of July

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2020, 02:54:32 PM »
Oh Yankee, yes I have been in that situation where I was sure I had enough cards and then I didn’t have enough once I was sending them!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2020, 10:23:04 PM »
Me too!  I thought I had enough Thanksgiving cards, most years I don't even send them ... then I wished I had more.

Yankee, I hate it when I find a card that I think is finished and then it really isn't! 

Heidi, great set of cards!  Are these the Close to My Heart stamps you recently picked up?  Nice selection!

Mail is really slow.  Seems even more important to mail Christmas cards as early as possible.
My mom swears she mailed my Thanksgiving card the day after election day, so Nov 11th.  It was postmarked Miami, Nov 14th and got to me on Nov 20th.  She lives 15 minutes away!

My sister mailed me a card from the west coast of FL and I don't have it yet :(.

Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2020, 09:55:40 AM »
Yankee I think it is great that you even get out that many Thanksgiving cards.  All I send out to is all our siblings and our daughter.  I hope I have enough Christmas cards, we will see as I start to write them out.  I guess I really need to get started if the mail is taking that long.

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2020, 05:34:14 PM »
Only one card for November.  Thanks again for the challenge!

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5270#top_display_media

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2020, 08:50:52 PM »
I made this card using one of the gelli print backgrounds we did on our zoom meeting, there are more but they are on my blog
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5275#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2020, 08:58:53 PM »
You are all impressive!  Thanks for linking your cards.  There will be a lot of smiles on the recipients' faces this Christmas!

Sorry I'm late with a thread for December ... stay tuned.
Cindi