Author Topic: Christmas All Year - December 2020  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year - December 2020
« on: December 03, 2020, 09:06:11 PM »
We made it!  What a year!

If you're still making Christmas cards this month, please link!  Even if you think you have enough cards, it's always fun to make Christmas stuff. 

This month's prompt. 

X, Y, Z !!

Can you think of any icons, techniques, themes for X, Y or Z?

Maybe Zzzzzzz, as in we'll all need to catch some?  Or for the Night Before Christmas?

Thanks for playing all year long!  I love to see what you are making.

What will we do next year?  The alphabet is done! 

Happy card making, and if you're done, I hope you enjoy setting your cards free in the mail to your lucky recipients.

Merry Christmas!  I'm sure we'll chat a bit more ...
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - December 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 10:22:54 PM »
I am excited to get more done, I think if I can get the presents I want to make done in time I am going to do more cards and if I don't need them this year they will be a start for next year, so much nicer that I had them made ahead of time :)

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 05:48:56 PM »
I was able to make 10 cards using this die cut.  I really love it!  Cindi, Thanks you so much for this wonderful challenge. All my Christmas cards are now mailed out.

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5276#top_display_media
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 05:52:00 PM by Nora S »

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 12:55:02 PM »
Thanks for the prompts! I sent out all my Christmas cards today! Suggestions for prompts next year could be to use different items like, a die, stickers, embossing folder, etc. one of these each month, or a specific technique each month, or a different card sketch each month that you show us. These prompts help me so much each year!

April :smile:

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 10:13:03 AM »
That sounds great April!!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 09:28:03 AM »
Yay!  Cards are being mailed!  (your cards, not mine, ... soon though)

I'm glad the monthly prompt, or even just the challenge to make cards, is helping.  April, thanks for the suggestions for prompts for next year.  The alphabet got me through two years! 

Connie, I hope you get a chance to keep making cards.  I like card making in December and January.  There is less pressure, right after Christmas so its relaxing to keep playing while I'm still in the mood to do Christmas cards.  We get to prolong the season a bit!  I have some stamps and dies I meant to use that I didn't get around to using this year.  Since our family will be here mainly before Christmas this year, the week between Christmas and New Year could be a fun time to play!

Good luck with all of your Christmas projects !  Connie, I'm interested in hearing what you are making.

Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2020, 10:49:11 PM »
I don't know if I mentioned it or not but I bought some sleds from the front section of Target, and I plan on decorating them, I have die cut a bunch of pine branches that I cut from backgrounds I have made, and I am hoping to figure out how to cut some designs from my silhouette using vinyl to put on them also.   I will share them once I get them done.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2020, 01:44:01 PM »
I have two more cards from my Elizabeth Crafts stamps.
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5279#top_display_media
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5278#top_display_media

I like to continue to work on Christmas cards in December and January also.  Sometimes I get more done when I feel Christmassy still.

I like the idea of using a supply prompt.  Embossing folder, dies, Old stamps, embossing powder, alcohol inks, etc.  Or scenic stamping, coloring, or other technique challenges.  Something that is a bit open ended where you could make several cards using the prompt might be helpful?  The monthly challenges do help me a lot too.  This year with virtual school I was very off my normal crafting schedule but am hoping for more normal next year.

Thank you for hosting!!!!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 01:48:23 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 08:23:16 AM »
4 more easy cards with patterned papers.  They are perfectly acceptable for many recipients who many don’t appreciate hand made cards as much as other people.  Plus they were fast.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5284#top_display_media

I think next year I may need to increase the goal number per month.  I was quite short! 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2020, 10:30:26 PM »
Connie, I'd love to see your sleds.  I don't remember seeing those in Target.
I ordered wood slices months ago ... haven't done anything with them, yet.  Maybe next week?

Mmmm, speaking of Target ... have you tried TruFru?  Frozen raspberries (my fave) or I think they have blueberries dipped in dark chocolate and frozen.  In the freezer section near frozen fruit and desserts.  You can let them thaw a bit but I usually can't wait!  First tried them at my daughter's in Denver.  We don't always have them in my Target so when they do ... I buy a couple bags.  Oooh, and has anyone tried Frozen KIND bars?  Also in the freezer section near ice cream.  I can personally recommend Dark Chocolate Almond Sea Salt!  That's the only one I have tried so far and it is delicious!  Lots of nuts.

Sorry for the food break!  I should go to bed and stop thinking about chocolate!

Thanks for the prompt suggestions ... I like them.  Supplies sounds good to me too.  I think that often drives my crafting.  I have a die I want to use, or an embossing folder , or a stamp set ... then again, sometimes it's a technique ...   I like the sketch idea, but I have a feeling I wouldn't follow it (though I rarely follow my own prompts, ha!), and I'd have to find 12 sketches ... I know there are tons out there ... but choosing which ones?  See why I liked the alphabet so much?  No decisions!  I know I will try to come up with all 12 prompts at the beginning of the year.  That helped me once.  I made a list.  I still ended up sometimes not liking what was on the list and changing it, but at least it was a start.  I'm glad you all appreciate the prompts!  You're welcome!

Heidi, your Elizabeth Craft set is really cute and so are your cards!

Heidi, good idea to pull out the printed paper.  Your cards  look really nice and most people won't mind a bit.  My mom has people on her list who think she makes her cards on the computer!!  She has hand stamping and die cutting on her cards, how do they think that is printed?  Yep, those are the people that are getting the quicker cards, if they were on my list!  Or the tiny bit crooked ... let them know it's hand made, ha! 

I finally started writing my cards tonight.  I did all of you first!  Partially so DH doesn't use up the cards I want to send you on coworkers or certain relatives that are like people mentioned above!  Yep, I got first dibs!

Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 09:37:58 AM »
I used some dies I bought off the Sizzix black friday sale :)

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5285#top_display_media

Cindi, are the kind bars just their normal bars that have been frozen?  I will have to check that stuff out next time we go.

For the prompts for Christmas cards just do one month using embossing folders, the next a sketch, the next a certain theme, ect.  that way you don't have to come up with 12 ideas of the same thing and we can get more use out of our goodies :)  Good for you getting your first picks of your cards.

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2020, 09:46:39 AM »
That idea for the prompts sound good, Connie.

April :smile:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2020, 12:43:52 PM »
I like all the ideas for prompts too. 

Cindi, I also prioritize stamping friends for cards.  I first do immediate family, then stamping friends, then the rest of family and friends. 

I have already gotten several cards from friends here! Thank you!  You were all on the ball! 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2020, 01:45:42 PM »
I'm glad we prioritize each other!

Thanks for all of the prompt suggestions!  Sounds perfect ... something different every month.

Glad you are using your new dies Connie.

The Frozen KIND bars are not just regular bars that happen to be frozen.  I didn't buy them the first time I saw them because I thought, "I can do that!"  Ha!  My daughter tried them and liked them, so then I tried them.  I saw on their site that they are available at Walmart ... and I know I found them at Target.  I think the almond/sea salt might be non dairy.  I have dark chocolate peanut butter in the freezer and they say may contain milk or whey.  A review I read says they have more protein and fiber than frozen Snickers, and maybe a little less sugar?  I think Kind are supposed to taste creamy like ice cream without being ice cream. 

I got my order from Elizabeth Craft a day or two ago and there are some cute dies I'd like to use for Landry.  Better get on that!

Today my present from DH arrived (at my request).  I got a Canon Selphy compact photo printer, delivered in unmarked truck by Office Depot driver (that's where I found it in stock).   The ink and paper I ordered also came today, by UPS.  The UPS outer bag was dirty.  The box inside was crumpled, but I opened it and the printer paper is fine.  I was afraid the corners would be crushed, but they weren't.  Oh, and Office Depot also enclosed a $10 coupon that expired 3 days ago!  Thanks!  It says in store only ... I wonder if they will honor it?  $10 off $30.

A new toy to play with at Christmas :)

Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2020, 02:03:20 PM »
Oops,

I checked my Office Depot preferences and apparently I had checked "eco friendly bag" for packaging on my account page.  I switched that back to BOX.  Why is a plastic - y bag more eco friendly than a cardboard box?
Cindi