Author Topic: Stamp the Stars & Stripes! Open 'til 7/19  (Read 5293 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Stamp the Stars & Stripes!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 07:54:09 AM »
My flag is an offshoot of "Stars and Stripes" and I made an addition and made it "All Stars and Stripes."  I had fun using a lot of techniques and my card will definitely get used! 

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=320&message_id=cc63bba0048431318398ccae13ad6357&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

I recently made another flag inspired project and I am going to try to post that too, even though it is not a new for this challenge project.
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Stamp the Stars & Stripes!
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 08:00:58 AM »
I am trying to attach the photo of a card I made in the last month or so with the flag theme.  I used my Hero Arts Tweed Background stamp and the same stars I used in my new card for this challenge.  This card is not new, but I wanted to share it here anyhow and I hope that is okay. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Re: Stamp the Stars & Stripes! Open 'til 7/19
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 11:19:04 AM »
I started on this earlier today and dropped a stamp on it :tickedoff:. Hate when I do that! I think it can probably be fixed so I will work on that in a bit.
I've enjoyed seeing everyone's entries!
LeighAnn

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 12:21:10 PM »
LOL, Pug! I heard Betsy (Ross) had to do a bit of re-disigning. Congress wasn't fond of her original design--a red & white checkerboard with white stars. :o ;D
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2014, 01:23:25 PM »
Here's my first attempt at Daniel's flag challenge:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=346&message_id=c485eb856b49d1e06d5a64095ba3476c&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

I also hope I am posting the link here correctly and in the gallery correctly.  If I didn't, let me know! :)

As I mentioned in the chat thread, I was not too happy with how this came out and am reworking it currently.  I thought that if I keep adding this or change the colors with that, that all that would help and be as I imagined but alas, the entire project just seemed to bury itself in itself…if that's possible.. :crazy2:  

I still want to use the things same stamps I am showing….just differently…. :laugh:

I'll tell all the extra info on my final flag attempt!

Forgot to add---Thank you Daniel for a fun challenge!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:26:25 PM by yellowcherrios »
~~Melissa :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2014, 01:45:11 PM »
I love and have commented on all the entries.  What a great challenge!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2014, 04:01:24 PM »
here's an entry  I like more:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=347&message_id=2fd36af6f7dda440dcc3e01869453375&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

I do have to say that Brilliance inks are kind hard to get out of the circle/star stamp---I think I'm going to have to use a toothbrush and soap.  Good thing it's unmounted!

I did leave out the tiny firework stamp I had included in the first; thought that may take away from the circle/star stamp "fireworks".

Thanks Daniel for a fun challenge!

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2014, 04:08:51 PM »
oh one more thing---Heidi you were wondering what the lines were…I'm not sure which lines you were referring to but I do know that the circle/star stamp does leave a hard edge when stamped, that I didn't do a great job covering up... ::)   When I saw them "appearing" (b/c I was able to hide the edge on a few of the stamped "fireworks"), I told myself that I saw a few fireworks IRL that had a flat side to them….maybe not as flat as mine though!   ;D