Author Topic: Stamp N Dash Roll-on Watercolor challenge---Closed  (Read 7573 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Stamp N Dash Roll-on Watercolor challenge---Open 7/2 to 7/10
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 08:47:59 AM »
I just left comments on all the cards in the gallery so far. I'm not sure if you get notified of those with this site, but I just love what I am seeing so far.  I can't wait to try this, but I am not sure if I will have the energy today.  I have an appointment and will see how I feel after that. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 10:03:44 AM »
LOL, Jan! I often forget to hit post, too--usually when the post is a good one! :tickedoff:

Heidi has agreed to photo/scan my pieces. :smitten: I have them out for pickup. I had fun with this. I missed seeing about 'misting' for one BG & did it dry. I like those results, tho'. The other piece I misted after inking the brayer (hard rubber one). Turned out very cool.

This is a technique I want to play more with. I might try misting the paper/cs & not the inked brayer & see what happens. I also have a foam brayer--think I know where it is--& want to play with it, too.
Daniel

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 11:26:36 AM »
Daniel, I also wondered about misting the paper first and then rolling, less mess.  Will be interesting to see the results.  Hope to get my sample sheets uploaded today.

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2014, 12:35:26 PM »
Daniel, I also wondered about misting the paper first and then rolling, less mess.  Will be interesting to see the results.  Hope to get my sample sheets uploaded today.

LOL, Ann! Messy is no problem for me. I just like to see what happens when you 'play' with something.
Daniel

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 02:34:24 AM »
Daniel, I would love to see what happens when you work with the foam brayer.  I don't have one but even gave some thought to buying one just to test this out.  So I hope you give us a nod about it!

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 02:56:19 AM »
Ah-h it was fun to see your gallery comments on my plain backgrounds.  Heidi the center blue one you mentioned I needed to use it for a water look...but funny I had already decide it looked like an arctic ice pack...I just needed to stamp a polar bear and a few snow flakes  :smile:-funny how our regions effect how we see things in different ways!

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 09:52:34 AM »
Daniel, I would love to see what happens when you work with the foam brayer.  I don't have one but even gave some thought to buying one just to test this out.  So I hope you give us a nod about it!

Will do, Jan! Another way to test (play with) this technique is to build-your-own brayer. :crazy2: Don't sweat. You don't need special stuff...

1. A small household sponge (thinner is easier to work with)
2. A pencil or dowel
3. rubber bands or twist ties

Wrap the sponge around the pencil/dowel & secure the ends with the rubber bands/twist ties. Voila! You have a (soft) brayer. ;)
Daniel

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 01:02:49 PM »
Thanks, Daniel for the instructions for making a foam brayer.  I had given that possibility a thought but thought the household sponge would give much different result than the foam...any thoughts about that??

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2014, 02:15:05 PM »
Thanks, Daniel for the instructions for making a foam brayer.  I had given that possibility a thought but thought the household sponge would give much different result than the foam...any thoughts about that??

LOL, Jan! Need you ask? :D If I wanted tomake a 'foam' brayer, I could use craftfoam for a 'smooth' surface. If I want a porous foam, I could use sheet foam. The kind your can buy in fabric stores for filling pillows & such.

Hey Jan! Thanks for a good start on making our challenges here more than just doing a project. I really like your post about adding snowflakes & the polar bear to the multi-color brayered BG that Heidi saw as water-ish. 
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2014, 12:25:47 PM »
I emailed Daniel photos of his projects. I just think they are great!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2014, 01:23:03 PM »
...And those pix were great, Heidi! A big TY to you, pal! :smitten:

I did two versions of Jan's Challenge... Dry & Wet

Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2014, 01:40:10 PM »
I commented on your pieces in the gallery, Daniel.  I also uploaded my backgrounds. I will link to them when I am ready to post my final project. 

What an easy and fun technique!  Great Dash!!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2014, 02:02:25 PM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=-54&pid=318#top_display_media Tropical ATC

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=54&pid=316#top_display_media Backgrounds

Let's see if those links work. I need to read the instructions for making it a text link...

Thanks for this fun challenge!!!!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:04:23 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2014, 05:13:43 PM »
I just left praise on our challenge uploads and each card is so beautiful and such a variety of cards.  Glad to see how many are taking the challenge.  Almost feels like home. 

Liking the different ways the background were done.  So much to learn from others.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2014, 06:21:21 PM »
Yes, Ann I love seeing all the different styles and how each one brings new interest.  And yes of course the painted papers look similar but yet each one is very unique.  I love seeing  how the of others takes us new ideas and new possibilities.  Daniel seeing you both wet and dry versions was so fun.  And your turtle can is amazing!  And Heidi, I said a lot on your gallery post...so I am just gonna say, "Folks, you need to personally visit the gallery and leave some terrific praise for Heidi, Daniel and Ann"! Thanks all for sharing in the fun!

I hope a few of the other folks show up with projects to post soon!  Reminder tomorrow night is the deadline.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:35:26 PM by Far North »