Author Topic: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge, 2014  (Read 14591 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
Re: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge, 2014
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 04:24:58 PM »
I posted my cards:

Card #1

Card #2

Card #3

It felt to good to be posting cards again.

Daria

ETA:  Since I was able to include the information in the blog post, I neglected to add comments here.  I just rewrote what I said in the gallery to better describe what I did.  I think I was afraid of not having enough room to write it out.  Actually, I'm going to back and check it out because I added to the comments for Cards 1 & 2, but when I did it for Card 3, the cursor kept jumping to the bottom of the post which alerted me to the fact that as I added stuff to the top, I was losing stuff at the bottom of the post!  I deleted some of the text to make it possible to add what I wanted to.  Here it is here:

For Cards 1 and 2, I attached the outline sticker to double-sided adhesive, covered the entire piece with microfine glitter and then painted the image with alcohol ink using dried ink and a Niji water brush filled with Adirondack Blending Solution and/or a Prismacolor Blender Pen.

For Card 3, I used a transfer sheet to move the entire sticker (outline and negative parts) to the double-sided adhesive, and covered the area surrounding the image with the microfine glitter.  Then I removed the negative pieces one by one to add the appropriate color to each section.  I used a straw cut at an angle to place more than one color in the same exposed area.

Thank you for the comments.  I'm sorry that we have to put each card in a separate post; I would normally put these three very similar cards in one post.  Please don't feel that you need to leave a comment on each one of them!

Daria
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 07:55:52 PM by djc »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 07:51:25 PM »
Daria, all your cards are beautiful!  I love those stickers with the glitter.  Great start for your Christmas card collection.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 11:47:00 AM »
Daria, I have just left comments on your cards and really liked your detailed description on how you did them.  I loved each of them, they are truly the work on a artist.  Thanks for sharing

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 11:50:26 AM »
Daria, let me go back to pinterest to see how I did it.  I think I added comments.  I uploaded my card from my card gallery on my computer.  I will take notes this time and get back to you.

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 11:50:45 AM »
Daria, let me go back to pinterest to see how I did it.  I think I added comments.  I uploaded my card from my card gallery on my computer.  I will take notes this time and get back to you.

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 05:37:04 PM »
Thank you for your fun challenge, Daria.  Here is my first Xmas Card for your July challenge.

My Card

[http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=319#top_display_media]

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 11:08:02 PM »
Nora, your Santa Owl is darling.  The belt and buckle you made for him worked perfectly.

I finished two cards today, but I spent all day editing my new gallery so I haven't taken the photos yet.  Tomorrow.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 09:37:15 AM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=322

I made two very very similar cards for this challenge in combination with the Roll On Watercolor Stamp n Dash.  I like these cards because they are flat and simple for mailing.  I also liked that I got two cards out of my one watercolor panel.

I had to use the debossed side of my embossed panel, because there was ink on my embossing folder that ruined the other side. I need to figure out how to get that ink off for good!

I did not see a way to post these cards into both folders in the gallery and I didn't want to use up too much space, so I kept them just in the one folder. I hope that is okay. 

Thanks for this challenge, I plan to make some more Christmas cards too!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 09:55:39 AM »
Y'all know I'm not much of a cardmaker  ;), but I just did 4 tryouts of a technique & they're asking me to turn them into something. So I'll be working on them for Christmas cards.

Fun Challenge, Dar. And hope Cindi will continue her series, as well.

Daniel

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 11:35:55 AM »
I'm so glad you went ahead with this challenge!  I'm going to a "crop" tomorrow so now I know to pack something for Christmas.  Some friends and I are renting table space next to an art supply store.  Bring your own project.  Hardest part is packing!

This challenge will be good to get me stamping again after vacation ... and force me to learn how to upload here.

Thanks Daria!
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2014, 12:42:28 AM »
Heidi, your cards are wonderful!  I actually like the debossed background.  I often use that side when the embossed side is very pronounced and too strong for the focal image. 

I wasn't completely satisfied with the latest Christmas cards I made so I didn't post them.  Today, I met up with Cheryl (cgee), Nora, and another stamper and asked their opinion--to highlight or not to highlight.  With their encouragement I added white highlights on three of the cards.  I like them much better now.  Tomorrow, I'm going to my son's house to watch the final World Cup Game so I probably won't post them until Monday.  There are five of them now.  Yeah!

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2014, 10:37:15 PM »
I have finished five cards, but I couldn't post them here.  I got an error notice:

Error
A valid form token could not be found.

I posted just the group picture, and it's small enough--640x480 pixels.  I didn't think I wrote too much, but maybe I did.  I'll try again later.
In the meantime, you can see them at Scrapbook.com:  Roll-On Watercolor & Christmas in July Challenges.

The colors of the cards with the Passionate Pink card base are truer in the group picture.  The others are fine in the individual pictures.

Anyone else making Christmas cards?

Daria

ETA:  I shortened my post, and it's now uploaded here.  I really don't understand this.  It wasn't even as long as Sadie's tag post where she gave instructions for uploading our cards.  Oh, well.

Here're my cards.

djc
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:46:38 PM by djc »

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:19:10 PM by stampwilly »

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2014, 03:52:48 PM »
April, those are wonderful Christmas cards!  You're on a roll!

Daria

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2014, 01:13:34 PM »
I've been checking out the gallery this afternoon. There's some beauties in it! I will come back later and add some more praise.

I've got a few cards in the works. I just got some new Christmas stamps to play with  O0
LeighAnn