Author Topic: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge, 2014  (Read 14592 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
Re: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge, 2014
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2014, 06:54:29 PM »
Heidi, thank you!  I did look below the screen to see if the replies were there, but I didn't take the time to notice that the most recent replies were on top (Print is so small, I can't really read it very well.)  I just saw that the stuff at the bottom where I was looking for the most recent posts wasn't what I needed.  Now that I know how that works, it helps immensely.

Cindi, I just saw your latest Christmas card.  Love it!  I can see why you won't be making multiples of that one.  Thank you for all the details.  

Also, thank you for the tip about the glue.  I prefer a matte glue since it doesn't glare out at you if shows a bit around a gem or other embellishment the way a glossy glue does.  Just when I found and fell in love with Matte Accents, I heard that they were discontinuing it.  I'll look for the one you mentioned.

About the other glue drying tacky . . .  Check the label or the manufacturer for drying/curing times.  It's one thing to dry and another to cure.  I often put wax paper between the cards I'm storing.  Dry-to-the-touch adhesives can still cause problems.  Some things take a few hours, overnight, or even a few days to cure.  I'm glad you found something that works well and quickly.  I'm checking out that one.

Yes, I still have to resize every single card I post.  If I don't, I get the error notice and/or there's no room to post the description.

There are just four more days to post to this challenge.
Daria  

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2014, 11:16:15 PM »
I made four more pop up cards tonight with a few slight changes. 
I used an Elizabeth Craft Design bird die cut that I just had to have after Far North sent me a card using it  :smitten:

You can see the front here
and the inside here.

Thanks for offering this challenge Daria.  I had a productive weekend.  22 cards!

Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2014, 09:09:48 PM »
Cindi, I love those cards! 

Well, there are a few hours left to this challenge.  Anyone holding out?  Just need to finish up?  Now is the time to post those cards.

I'll check back in the morning to see how many names are going into the hat this time.  I need to go back and review how I'm counting the cards so I follow my own guidelines.  lol. 

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2014, 09:13:57 PM »
Daria, when I reply to a thread, if I look below the text box I am typing in, it does give the replies right there, starting from the most recent reply and working back to the OP.    This is one of the huge improvements for me over the 2ps site, where you could only see the first page when you were replying.

Do you not see what I am seeing?

Heidi, it doesn't work on a long thread like this one.  I scrolled all the way down and never did see the original post.  Is there a way to make it go further?

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2014, 08:54:40 AM »
Good morning.  My mother would have told me that I was a day late and a dollar short, but here I am, finally.  I spent the day with Nora yesterday and forgot to come here before I left.  We spent the day prepping for future cards--die cutting and embossing pieces.  And talking.  And trying to post Nora's latest card to the gallery.  We couldn't do it.  Sigh. 

Anyway.  I congratulate all of us.  We made 42 Christmas cards in July.  I looked through the gallery and re-read the posts on this thread to find all the cards.  (Heidi, I included the two you posted on the Stamp n' Dash Challenge Gallery.)  Right now all of your names are written on small pieces of paper, folded in eighths, and bouncing around in my straw hat.  I don't want to wake Heidi (my daughter) up this morning; we were both up until the wee hours of the morning.  When she does wake up, she'll draw a name from the hat to determine who will receive the RAK for this challenge.

In the meantime, thank you one and all for participating in this challenge.  You got me back into the craft room to make something instead of just sitting here at the computer lamenting the demise of Two Peas. 

I'll return in a couple of hours.
Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2014, 09:15:09 AM »
Daria,

I don't know if this will help, but here's what I have experienced when uploading ... if I step away from my laptop during the middle of a post, or upload ... then come back and try to load .... sometimes it fails.  Or sometimes it seems if I have been logged in too long, it might fail.  If I open Artsy Inkers in a new browser tab and try again it usually works (and in most cases I don't lose what I had typed because I can "go back" a page in my original tab.

Same thing happens when I forget to resize my photos.  All is not lost!  After I get "the message" I can use the back arrow and just choose a new, resized photo.

I hope this works for you and Nora.  Don't give up yet!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2014, 09:19:52 AM »
Daria, when I reply to a thread, if I look below the text box I am typing in, it does give the replies right there, starting from the most recent reply and working back to the OP.    This is one of the huge improvements for me over the 2ps site, where you could only see the first page when you were replying.

Heidi, it doesn't work on a long thread like this one.  I scrolled all the way down and never did see the original post.  Is there a way to make it go further?

Daria

You are right, it doesn't go all the way back to the beginning.  Just the last page. 

Sadie wrote a note in Nora's thread that she was working on the gallery at the same time Nora was probably trying to upload her card. Did you see that message?.  Not sure if it will help.  I have only had one issue uploading.  All I did to fix it was close my browser and reopen the website and tried again.  That probably isn't very helpful either.  I hope you figure it out soon.

And that is very nice of you not to wake your daughter!
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2014, 11:00:38 AM »

Daria

You are right, it doesn't go all the way back to the beginning.  Just the last page. 

Sadie wrote a note in Nora's thread that she was working on the gallery at the same time Nora was probably trying to upload her card. Did you see that message?.  Not sure if it will help.  I have only had one issue uploading.  All I did to fix it was close my browser and reopen the website and tried again.  That probably isn't very helpful either.  I hope you figure it out soon.

And that is very nice of you not to wake your daughter!

I increased the Topic Summary to 45 posts which is 3 pages of posts but this thread still won't go to the original.  The more posts that are in the Topic Summary the longer it takes for the reply text box to pop up.  If you are ok with slower popup times for the reply text box I will increase the Topic Summary to 20 pages if it will let me, but with each page increase the time for the reply box gets longer and longer, it won't just pop right up like it does now on long threads.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2014, 11:34:03 AM »
Thanks Heidi and Sadie.

#1.  I see that Nora has posted the card we couldn't post yesterday.  So all is well.  We did notice a blip in the process one of the times we tried to load it.  That must have been when Sadie was doing maintainance on the site.  We did close down and start all over, but that didn't help.  Nora said she'd had the same problem a couple of days before. 

#2.  Don't change the number of pages that can be seen just for me.  I think I'm the only one who can't remember the posts, and I can just open the site on two different tabs and navegate between them.

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2014, 11:40:42 AM »
Well, my daughter just drove off for a week of house-sitting for one of my sisters.  As she drove off, I thought, "Oh, no.  She didn't draw a name.  Then I remembered that she had drawn it as soon as she got up.  Sigh of relief. 

Are you ready?

Drum Roll . . .

Lots of you got your names in the hat multiple times . . .

But none of you over-achievers won . . .

The winner posted one card wonderful card . . .

Which shows that if it is meant to be . . .

It will be . . .

The winner is . . .

Utah Ann!

Congratulations, Ann.  I loved your card.  I'm glad you were able to play.  Please let me know if the address I have for you is still good.  I don't know how old it is. 

P.S.  Maybe I'll go buy a lottery ticket.  I never buy more than one, and I haven't bought one since I retired six years ago. 

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2014, 12:23:09 PM »
Congrats to Ann! Hope she gets back soon to join us.

Fun challenge, Daria! Thanx for hosting! O0
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2014, 12:41:23 PM »
Congrats Ann!  I noticed her name as a visitor when I was looking at the site this week, so hopefully she'll see she is a winner!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2014, 01:24:11 PM »
Congratulations to Utah Ann! 

Thanks to Daria and Sadie both with the input given to me to help  with my uploading problems.  I very much appreciate that!

Nora S 

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2014, 10:17:11 PM »
Congratulations Ann!

Thanks again Daria for hosting Christmas/Winter Holidays in July!  I think I was able to participate this year more than ever (DH was out of town  ;) for some of it so I had plenty of crafty time.)

For those of you who can never have enough Christmas cards, I posted the Christmas All Year 2014 - August yesterday  8)
Cindi