Author Topic: Challenge: Make a Post Card (7/10 - 7/24)  (Read 8206 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Challenge: Make a Post Card (7/10 - 7/24)
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2014, 09:05:15 AM »
A few more days to participate!!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2014, 10:06:21 AM »
I started on another one last night. These are so fun to make. I also browsed Pinterest for some inspiration and came across altered index cards. Really neat. Gave me an idea for a challenge or swap 8)
LeighAnn

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2014, 11:36:49 AM »
I agree with LeighAnn that these can get addictive!!   :D  I have two (though they are so similar) that are waiting for me to get a fresh camera battery to photo them before posting!! 

It was funny, while I was trying to figure out a few things yesterday with one of the postcards, I kept pulling out stuff to try and then putting into piles for another postcard without really thinking about it!  I have supposedly 2 postcards waiting to be made now from those piles!   :smile:
~~Melissa :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2014, 11:58:26 AM »
I'm so glad that this challenge has inspired you all to make a post card, and even to make more than one.

I am going to stick to my guns about the official deadline of TONIGHT!   :D for posting.  I also am trying to use that deadline to color the post card Daniel sent me. 

What fun!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2014, 12:24:50 PM »
Here is the A side and B side of the post card I colored.  

I noted that when coloring a post card, you are limited by what kind of paper is used for what coloring, lest the coloring bleed through, or the paper pilling too much.  However, basic crayons, gel pens, chalks and colored pencils would all do the job here. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2014, 12:43:34 PM »
I made this over the weekend and forgot to upload it! I was sending my dad a pic of something when I came across my file I forgot to upload.

Here it is. This was fun and easy to create. I really like these stamp sets that are made for creating and layering.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=372#top_display_media
Here's the front side

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=373#top_display_media
Here's the back.

Thanks again, Heidi. I really enjoyed this challenge  O0
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2014, 02:04:51 PM »
Great post card, LeighAnn!  It is very colorful and quirky, and I like the arrangement. Thanks for participating again!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2014, 02:07:17 PM »
Daniel noted his surprise at the direction I took for this card.  The vintage looking stamps made me think of EITHER chalks or distress inks applied with a sponge.  I went with chalk because it is easy to apply, and I think they are overall underused. Just adding a couple cents.  ;)
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2014, 02:41:18 PM »
Heidi, I like your softening Daniel's card!  LeighAnn great card!...I will add notes to the gallery later today.

Here is my challenge post.  Thanks for the fun challenge Heidi!

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2014, 02:53:01 PM »
Here are my other two:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=-59&pid=376#top_display_media

the back:  http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=-59&pid=375#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=-59&pid=377#top_display_media

the back:  http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=-59&pid=378#top_display_media

This was a FUN challenge Heidi!  If I get those other two finished I'll post!

I do have to say that not only was it fun I also had to "deal" with myself when I accidentally dropped the stamp and then when I got to the kraft postcard, I was afraid to mess it up!!!   :-\  It seemed to paralyze me from doing anything!  so annoying!  So when I look at it today, it looks sparse to me and I figure my "fear" was what kept anything much else getting stamping on it.  I also have an idea to add some white stamping on sides…..maybe next time I just need to step away from the project for a day or two…. 

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2014, 02:53:42 PM »
Jan (or anyone else), how did you get your link hidden in your words "Here is my challenge post"?

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2014, 03:17:30 PM »
Jan (or anyone else), how did you get your link hidden in your words "Here is my challenge post"?

You just select (highlight) the text you want to use as your link, then click on the globe linky thing above and proceed as usual and it will work out.  The instructions are posted somewhere else too.
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2014, 03:25:52 PM »
wow, I didn't expect so many new entries today.  Thanks so much for participating. 

Melissa, I really like how you stretched the same stamp to make so many different looks!

Jan, love the block stamping.  A great technique!
~~Heidi~~