Author Topic: Christmas All Year 2014 - August  (Read 4728 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year 2014 - August
« on: August 01, 2014, 09:47:08 PM »
It's baaack!   :knuppel2:

Hopefully you made lots of cards for Daria's Winter Holiday in July challenge ... but if your stash still isn't big enough, please join me in August for Christmas All Year.

In case you haven't played before, this is a very lax, no prize, challenge to work on your Christmas cards little by little all year long.  Lets save ourselves from just a little holiday stress.  I offer a prompt and a place to link your creations and maybe we can give each other a little inspiration.  The prompt is always optional, use it if you like it, the main point is to get even just a few Christmas cards done in advance.

Okay, so there has been some discussion about starting a sketch challenge.  So, why not start now?  These sketches were in the 2peas stamping archives from November 2007.  Choose a sketch and go to town!

I will put the sketches in the new album that Sadie just created for us.  The album is up next to our Cards album, titled Christmas Cards All Year 2014.

I hope you'll join me!  I am setting a goal of 10 cards this month (I slacked earlier in the year  :o).

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 10:25:25 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year 2014 - August
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 10:18:45 PM »
I hope I can do 3! ;D Thanks for another good prompt!

Stampwilly

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 10:36:08 PM »
I know sketches aren't really your thing Stampwilly ... but maybe since there are 5 of them to choose from, you won't feel too restricted.  Or, you know how it goes, you can always skip the sketch and do what you want!
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 09:09:42 AM »
Yeah!  Here we go again.  That was a neat idea to use our old sketches as a prompt.  One of them reminds me of the Polaroid-type photo, and that's one I've been thinking of using as a card design. 

I tried to leave a message on the sketch post in the gallery, but there wasn't a comment box.  Do you know why?

How nice we have a Christmas All Year! album. 

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 09:21:45 AM »
My goal is one card. I have been having a horrible time getting anything made so I think that is a fair goal. I like the sketches you linked to.

And for those of you who posted on my thread, I do plan on starting the sketch challenge, just things really need to slow down for me.   DH has the little DS at the dr right now for two different things, if it's not one thing, it's another...  Plus back to school and other obligations are planned for this month.

Thanks for hosting the challenge, Cindi!  I always look forward to it.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 09:25:23 AM »
 ??? No, I don't know why there is no comment area.  

Also, please let me know if you are able to upload to the Christmas All Year album ... I can see the album in the gallery, but when I upload and click the drop down menu to "select album", I can't find it.  I've asked Sadie to look in to it.  So, when I tried to put the sketches in the Christmas album, I couldn't.  I stuck it in "cards" and Sadie moved it to "Christmas" for me ... I don't know if it lost it's comments in the move?  :idiot2:

So, that being said ... maybe you should wait to upload, until you see the Christmas album as an option.  I would hate for you to put your Christmas card in "cards" and then lose comments if you move it later.

I'm sure Sadie will figure it out!  If you see "Christmas Cards All Year" in the dropdown "select album" menu, please let me know that too!  Then I'll know it's just me!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 09:29:15 AM »
Heidi, one card is just fine!  You'll be glad you have it when Christmas comes!  Back to school is a hectic time of year.  Do what you can, and if the card has to slide this month ... let it slide.  This is supposed to be fun, no pressure!  (That's why my goal is 10, even though it may be unrealistic!, I've been sliding!)

I hope your little guy feels better soon. 
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 09:54:51 AM »
 :smitten: Sadie fixed the Christmas Cards All Year folder  :smitten:

It's ready for upload! 

I think it will be so nice if we can remember to upload cards for this "challenge", or any of your Christmas cards to this new folder.  When we need Christmas ideas, we'll know where to go!
Cindi

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 10:39:59 AM »
I thought maybe it would also be nice to insert the picture of the sketchs here so I took the liberty of doing so.  It might make it easier.

You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 10:18:16 PM »
Perfect!  Thanks Sadie!
Cindi

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 02:16:36 PM »
I had fun with this Cindi!

My Santa sketch card. I like it, but kind of wish I had put santa off to the right of the tree. 'Sok. I can do another even without having the same junk mail base. ;)
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 04:13:31 PM »
I made a card!  I used the Stamped Watercolor technique for the background.  I like the way it turned out!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 03:52:30 PM »

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 12:50:49 PM »
I am not just loving the 'Christmas' cards, but also gaining tons of inspiration from them for many other stamping projects!

Ditto on the September 'prompt'!
Daniel

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 09:16:04 PM »
I finished two Christmas cards today--both the same.  I'll post them tomorrow. 
I know.  I'm barely making the deadline for this month.  Sigh.

Daria