Author Topic: Oldies Challenge -- Septmeber -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!  (Read 6803 times)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Oldies Challenge -- Septmeber -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!
« on: September 01, 2014, 01:23:09 PM »
Hi Everyone! I loved seeing all the wonderful ways you used vellum last month. ;D

I think many of us fell in love with stamping because we saw heat embossing. I know I did and I thought it was magical! I went right out and bought a stamp and some silver detail embossing powder! Soooooooooo, this month I would like for us to get out the old embossing powder and play with it. There are many different ways to use it and I would love to see what you do.

I have made a card using embossing powder in a unique way. You do not have to use this technique, but you can try it if you want.

1.  Open an embossing folder and brayer over the raised side using versa mark ink -- ink it well.
2.  Place card stock over the inked side and brayer or press with hands.
3.  Lift off card stock and add embossing powder and heat set.

This is a good way to make a background if you do not have many backgrounds stamps!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=501#top_display_media  --  background
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=502#top_display_media  --  card made with it

The ONLY other requirement is to use an image stamp on your card, tag, or project. 

Please upload your project to the card gallery and link it here to this post. I will be giving away a small RAK to a randomly picked winner! ;D This challenge goes for the whole month of September.

Have fun!
Stampwilly
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 03:03:43 PM by stampwilly »

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
Re: Oldies Challenge -- Septmeber
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 06:15:19 AM »
I will be playing.

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 09:51:02 AM »
LOL, Willy! Your timing is perfect. I don't do a lot of heat-embossing, but every now & then I break out the powders & heat tool. Happens that I made a heat-embossed element just the other day. Now I have the incentive to use it. Thanks for the prompt & the fun!

Neat idea for using embossing folders with EP! O0
Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 10:12:07 AM »
Love your sample card! Thanks for hosting another month.

I haven't ever done the technique you showed but I definitely plan to try it out. I have a few new embossing folders I want to use for this.
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 01:07:21 PM »
Your timing is perfect, as I do have a couple of new embossing powders!  I love the technique and hope to try it soon!  Great sample card!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 02:03:52 PM »
I decided to start from scratch for your challenge, April. So far; so good. I put the EP in the de-bossed side of the element--a snack pie pan.

Now I have to see where it wants to go. Maybe a full metal tag for Pug's Sept 'pumpkin' theme? Decisions, decisions & fun!
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 03:24:14 PM »
I will be playing!  I have wanted to try the stamping with the embossing folder idea! 

Beautiful card for your example!

Thanks for hosting!
~~Melissa :)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 03:33:26 PM »
Great! I can't wait to see all of your projects! ;D

Stampwilly

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 01:12:49 PM »
I started using your technique today and it is looking good. I got embossing powder all over, but it works! lol
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 04:40:07 PM »
I could not find a gallery album for this challenge...so my card is in the card section.  I used a double resist technique on it.
Here is the link.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 09:50:23 AM »
This was lots of fun.

Here is my entry.

I still have an embossing powder that is new and want to try, so I bet I may have several entries this month.
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 02:58:05 PM »
There is now an Oldies Challenges album in the gallery for the Oldies Challenges.  I moved all the projects that were listed in the two threads into this album. 
Sadie
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 09:38:32 PM »
Thanks Sadie for making the album for this challenge! I love the cards that have been submitted. Great job ladies! I can't wait to see more.

Stampwilly

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 10:03:04 AM »
I have been doing a lot of embossing this month, however, none of the pieces has made it into a completed project.  I fully expect they eventually will, but am glad for the challenge to get me trying new things again.  Embossing is amazing to watch as you are doing it, that makes it fun to play around with.
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 01:01:25 PM »
I made a card yesterday using this technique for my design team. I wanted to use a background stamp, but none of mine were the design's company stamps so I found a background I liked in my embossing folders and used that!  :smile:

Stampwilly