Author Topic: Stamp-A-Cupcake Challenge!  (Read 3775 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Stamp-A-Cupcake Challenge!
« on: September 03, 2014, 01:01:04 PM »
The inspiration for this challenge comes from two sources: Sadie's cupcake card& LeighAnn's post about her cupcake dream.  :laugh:

Because we have lots of great challenges & swaps going this month (September), I'm leaving it open until the end of the month. And...I have no problem with combining your cupcakes with any other challenge or swap.

Now for the details...

Your challenge is to create a cupcake that includes stamping. Easy! Right?  :smile: Good, but... You may not use an actual cupcake stamp:tickedoff: Well you knew I wasn't going to be that nice, didn't you?! ::)  You can build your cupcake from whatever you wish--paper, plastic, metal, craftfoam, clay, etc. Long as it includes stamping I'm fine with it.

Each of your cupcakes should include 2 parts--a holder & top. You may create them by drawing, tearing, fussy-cutting, masking, etc.

Sadie's card is a great 'template' for a cupcake shape, but I'm sure we can all come up with enough ideas to make a baker's dozen of stamped goodies.

Your cupcakes do not have to be part of a project. They can be 'stand alone'. That way you can use them for other projects as you wish.

Happy Baking, Everyone! ;)
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: Stamp-A-Cupcake Challenge!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 11:32:37 AM »
I've decided to spend some of today's crafting time doing a few cupcakes. I have several ideas I want to try. I've also decided that--for the moment--I'm going to build my cupcakes as separate pieces rather than as an element on a card or other project.

Y'all, of course, are free to tackle your cupcakes in your own talented way. :laugh:
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 11:40:51 AM »
I am glad that I can do this as a standalone, but I have NO IDEA what I can make a cupcake out of at this point.

Thank you for offering the challenge.
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 11:49:51 AM »
Your challenge is to create a cupcake that includes stamping. Easy! Right?  :smile: Good, but... You may not use an actual cupcake stamp:tickedoff: Well you knew I wasn't going to be that nice, didn't you?! ::)  You can build your cupcake from whatever you wish--paper, plastic, metal, craftfoam, clay, etc. Long as it includes stamping I'm fine with it.

Really?  I can't use my handy dandy cupcake stamp and die for this challenge?  Holy Cow, what then does one make a cupcake out of if not a stamp that is a cupcake?  I can bake cupcakes but will not put them on a project.  I can make a cupcake out of play doh but geez not sure how that would work and how to stamp on that?  This challenge will take some thought and maybe waiting until you put up some projects you've done for this challenge........I will be waiting.......
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 11:55:28 AM »
I want to play and appreciate the deadline being the end of the month.  Am doing some traveling this month as well as some other projects I am doing.  I think this might be fun, but it will go on my thinking list.

Can't wait to see a sample or at least the first card uploaded. 

Thanks Daniel.

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 01:07:01 PM »
Thanx Ann! I got one cupcake well started. It's going in my 'what next' envelope. Just about ready to start another cupcake.

Glad you've decided to add my challenge to your list. So many fun things to do here this month. :smile:
Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 10:41:47 AM »
While putting my kit together last night, I found an image that will work great for this! Gonna have to play around and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for a creative challenge as always Daniel!
LeighAnn

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 11:40:45 AM »
While putting my kit together last night, I found an image that will work great for this! Gonna have to play around and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for a creative challenge as always Daniel!

Backatcha on the 'creative', Pug! Your tag swap 'twist' ain't too shabby, pal! O0
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 11:48:29 AM »
Here is my cupcake.  I had a lot of fun making it.  I really wanted to try to make it out of something unusual. 

I tried to use stamps for the cupcake holder, but "my team" of cupcake experts said that none of them ended up looking like a cupcake at all, so that is why I changed my thinking, and I am so glad because I really liked the result.  Thanks for the challenge!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 12:09:05 PM »
 :laughhard: You may like the results, Heidi, but I looove 'em! The 'cherry' is too funny. Ditto the 'frosting'. Ditto the holder! Great job, pal!

Thanks for getting the challenge off to such an excellent start! O0
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 04:26:42 PM »
DS was asking about the current challenges and I told him about this one.  Here is his entry.  He doesn't need my help anymore. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 07:29:35 AM »
Love your cupcake and your son's too, Heidi! Your creativity has definitely rubbed off on him O0

I have a couple of ideas for some cupcakes, just need to squeeze in some crafting time somewhere. 
LeighAnn

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 07:46:27 PM »
Heidi - you and your son both created scrumptious cupcakes.
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 10:59:08 PM »
My cupcake was inspired by Stampwilly's oldies embossing challenge.  The cupcake liner uses the technique of using an embossing folder like a stamp.  The frosting was stamped with Versamark and embossed with iridescent EP.  The strawberry was embossed with red EP and colored with a yellow marker to color the seeds.

Thanks for the challenge Daniel!

cupcake

The photo in the attachment below shows the parts that made up the whole  8)

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 11:13:21 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 08:39:14 AM »
Really clever Iring!!!!
~~Heidi~~