Author Topic: Inkpad Case Stamping Challenge--Nov 2014  (Read 4197 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Inkpad Case Stamping Challenge--Nov 2014
« on: November 01, 2014, 12:12:24 PM »
With StampWilly's 'Grid' Challenge, we're off to a good start for November.

My challenge is based on the idea of using our inkpad cases as stamps--see the thread for info about the technique.

For this (month long) challenge, you have to make a project that includes one or more pad cases as stamps.

And you may not combine this challenge with the Oldies challenge! Willy's deserves to be its own wonderful challenge!

You may:
 Combine your case stamping with other stamped images--including word/sentiment ones.

Use the pad(s) for direct-to-paper (DTP) or non-paper materials .  ;)

You must include info about the inkpad case(s) you used when you upload your project. For instance... VersaMark cube inkpad; ColorBox Cat's Eye inkpad. Get the idea?

Let the fun begin! O0
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Inkpad Case Stamping Challenge--Nov 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 12:31:12 PM »
Interesting challenge Daniel. I will reread the thread and put my thinking cap on.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 02:38:28 PM »
Interesting challenge Daniel. I will reread the thread and put my thinking cap on.

Terrific, Heidi!

I'm exhausted from doing a project for April's Nov. Oldies Challenge--thot I was just doing a 'test out' (silly me!). So my case-stamping will have to wait 'til tomorrow.

Time to think about what I want for eats. Heavy duty crafting builds up an appetite! ;D
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 05:31:14 PM »
lol!  I just resisted last night inking up my Mementos dew drop case top so I wouldn't get distracted last night from what I was doing….so this is great for me!!  Thanks Daniel!!  O0
~~Melissa :)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 07:00:34 PM »
LOL, Melissa!

Since I did my grid project for Willy's latest 'Oldies' & just got my KIAE kit from Yankee, I'm ready to tackle trying for a 2-fer--this challenge & a KIAE project. Should be fun to see where it goes, eh?

And...I reread my OP.  Guess what? You may not include any bottle cap or other lid stamping in your entry. The 'outline' stamping must be done with inkpad cases only...

BTW, Melissa? So glad I also have some 'dew drop' pads. I see hearts, flowers & more. Bet you do, too. ;)
Daniel

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 11:03:49 AM »
Good challenge Daniel!

Yesterday I watched a bunch of mixed media videos where the challenge to the presenters was to use household items.  Many of them stamped with all kinds of lids.  They used mostly paint and fluid acrylic ink.  Good idea to use our stamp pad lids!  (and NO household items, humpf, per your updated rules  :knuppel2:)
Cindi

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 11:21:11 AM »
So glad you liked the 'twist' (no household stamps), Cindi. :laugh: Just be glad I didn't limit it to just one inkpad case for the stamp. ;D

That said, however... I like seeing the difference between using both the lid & the case bottom of an inkpad to stamp with. Sometimes the difference is subtle--other times it's easy to see. ;)
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 03:42:18 PM »
Played a little bit with my idea today using the tops of the ink pad, but not sure I'll get to do much until after the weekend.   :(   Which really stinks since I am hoping what  I see in my mind will show up on paper---that rarely happens, but I still get excited all the same each time!  KWIM?

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 05:05:19 PM »
I totally KWYM, Melissa! That's why we artists keep creating--we have a vision & keep chasiing it with lots of 'side trips' along the way. Tally Ho, pal!
Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 03:06:21 PM »
You always come up with interesting challenges! Once life settles a bit I hope to tackle this when I can! Thanks for hosting, Daniel  O0
LeighAnn

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 09:15:34 AM »
Here are a few attempts:
ink case pieces
One can see I am chasing an idea perhaps: the middle piece was my first attempt at all the ideas (stamping with lid, resists with crayon).  I noticed that there was a section of one of the stamps I used that got stamped onto the photo paper, despite it wasn't inked!  So I assumed that it had to had been from the stamp cleaner----which probably has glycerin----which is what I suspect Versamark to made out of….so I grabbed my Versamark pad and used on the top and bottom pieces.

TY Daniel! This is fun challenge and I hope to make some more using other lids!   O0 

One more thing----I know it's kind of hard to see all the details since the photo is zoomed out, but I will zoom in more with the one I am making into a finished card.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:17:07 AM by yellowcherrios »

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 09:32:32 AM »
Good work, Melissa! Looking forward to seeing how you use your case-stamped piece(s).

I used a case-stamp as a template, but not sure where that wants to go. Think I'll start down a different path & see what I can build with case-stamping. I have a yen to try building a gothic arch. The dew-drop & cat's eye cases should help me out, but we'll see.. ;)
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 09:42:42 AM »
Cool Melissa!!!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 01:22:27 PM »
I'm making progress. I did a whole piece & 'screwed' it up.  Yay! ??? It gave me the way to use the best parts of what I'd done & build on it.

'Failure' is such a great way to learn & energize my creative bent! O0
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 03:52:25 PM »
Success! I made a case-stamped piece I can 'live' with! ;D
Daniel