Author Topic: Let's Do the Twist WF18Twist *****WINNER ANNOUNCED*****  (Read 5542 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Let's Do the Twist WF18Twist Saturday Feb.3 - Sunday Feb. 11
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2018, 09:51:21 PM »
Thanks for doing my challenge Sheila!  I'm sorry it gave you a hard time.  I don't blame you for using die cuts on the inside.  What was I thinking, ha?!   When I made my sample (after I issued the challenge) I realized how much work it was to decorate the inside!  I do like the pop up though!  Your card would be really nice for Mother's Day or a birthday.
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Let's Do the Twist WF18Twist Saturday Feb.3 - Sunday Feb. 11
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 09:21:51 AM »
Heidi, I made my inside fold out smaller than what was shown on the video. I had made this card before and went with those directions. Maybe it would close better if the inside fold was smaller (skinnier). Did anyone else have problems when closing their cards?

April :smile:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Let's Do the Twist WF18Twist *****WINNER ANNOUNCED*****
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 12:59:05 PM »
Hmmm, I'm sorry some of you had trouble with the mechanism.  April, I'm glad you found something that worked.  I guess I was lucky, mine worked!

I put all of your names in a bowl, held it over my head and drew a name.

Connie, you are the winner!
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 05:58:34 PM »
Congratulations Connie!

I think the card was designed to specially to hold the ATC's as mentioned with a very small border all around. I made my card exact with the measurements. This size makes the panel which holds the 4 art pieces slightly too large and it lightly rub at the 1st inside fold at the upper right corner and the last fold rubs at the is bottom of the lower left corner as I try to open and close the card.  While it seems like a minor rub, each time I repeat the action the card it loosens the corners of where I used red liner tape is attached to the card base.  I hope to try another card with a shorter panel and see if that corrects the issue and not worry about it not being specifically an ATC size. 

Shelia, I agree the instructions do not adequately describe how to adequately fold and adhere the movement mechanism.  One must do extra figuring out how to do that step on their own. So really glad you could finish! It sounds like you have great skills of adapting when you are in a time pinch!...great Mom and Grandma skills...and now card making too!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 06:13:23 PM by Far North »

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 06:18:17 PM »
Congrats, Connie!!!!

I didn't get a chance to give this one a try.  But it is definitely on my to do list now.
Sarah

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 09:18:12 AM »
Congrats, Connie! :smile:

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2018, 03:42:56 PM »
Congratulations
Born on the fourth of July