Author Topic: Have a favorite Sentiment Stamp?  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Have a favorite Sentiment Stamp?
« on: January 24, 2015, 09:43:12 AM »
Two events are the inspiration for this share & chat thread...

1. I got a wonderful card from Yankee yesterday! :smitten: The front is a Humpty-Dumpty image 'sitting' on a wall made by using texture paste & a stencil. Great as it is, the inside sentiment (stamp) is even better! It says, "Humpty Dumpty Was Pushed". TOO, TOO Funny!

2. I found my favorite SS that I hadn't seen in a couple of years. Got it from a pal many years ago & it is sooo 'me'. It says...
Don't P**s me off
I'm running out of places
To hide the bodies.
(I added the *s to 'keep it clean') ;)

So why is it my all time 'fave'? 'Cause it's funny and just a bit edgy. This SS is right up there with another of my faves--"Modestly made & proud of it!"

Hope you'll share your favorite SS with us. Posted examples welcome, but not required. You are also welcome to share your fave 'type' of sentiment stamps--funny, romantic, religious, etc.

Have fun!

Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Re: Have a favorite Sentiment Stamp?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 12:24:48 PM »
Oh, Daniel those are too funny!

I don't have too many funny ones. I have a stamp set that is a roll of toilet paper that has a punny sentiment with it  with it. It says sorry your day was crappy. I sent that to my grandma when her septic tank ruptured,lol!  She had a good laugh out if it!

I did come across this one recently and next time I order something, I gotta get it. It's for birthday cards-
It says happy 29th birthday from your 110 lb  friend  :laugh:

I do have a sentiment set that's one of my absolute favorites- it's from Hero arts. It's cl582 I think. It's an operation write home set and has so many useful sentiments. None funny though.
LeighAnn

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 12:52:08 PM »
TY for the post, Pug! Love the 'crappy' one! That said? Do you have a truly fave SS in your stash?

As I've shared with many of y'all on various occasions, I'm not heavy into using sentiment stamps. But I want to repeat that this thread is not about sharing only the funny ones you may have.

Just as the image stamps we use say something about our personality, sentiment stamps (or even the lack of) provide us with insights to more than just the projects we make & share with others.

Thanks for getting the thread ball rolling, LeighAnn! Ya done good!
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 01:31:53 PM »
I love the examples so far!  Daniel, I wish I had your stamped by stamp!  That would be funny to see if anyone noticed it!

LeighAnn, I am a fan of the punny toilet paper ones. 

I don't have any funny ones.  I have one that is "Live, Laugh, Love" that I like because you can use that card for many things.

This one I think I gave as an engagement card.

http://mylittlestampingblog.blogspot.com/2014/03/watercolor-stamping-with-butterflies.html

I also have one that is, "You are my favorite one in the bunch" which is a fun one for flower cards, but can be for many occassions too.

I guess I like the ones that are a bit unusual, but can be used for more than one thing.  I also like sentiments that are a pretty script.

I have long been a fan of the script that Hero Arts uses in many of their sentiments, including the Merry Christmas I used in this one: http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=952#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 11:40:38 AM »
Sentiment stamps are I think my weakness....and not in the idea of I have/buy tons and tons of them...but in the idea that I am not sure what to invest in and how to use them!! 

I see great cards and projects using sentiments, but then when I see sentiments at the store, I never know what to get based off of what I'll use etc....thus I hardly ever buy sentiment stamps.   :(

I enjoy see how others use them and thus it does make me look at them more at the store. 

As far as a favorite of mine....hhmmm.......I will have to get back to you...gotta go look through my SS first....I do know that I am drawn to certain fonts more than others and I can also see how certain fonts work more for certain cards (which can be unfortunate if you only have one "thank you" stamp).
~~Melissa :)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 03:01:11 PM »
I just thought of one that is probably one of my most favorites

It's a SSS ice cream stamp set. It has a sentiment that says, I love you more than ice cream. And that's a lot.
DH and family know my love for ice cream so it's a sentiment that fits me well!
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 08:16:36 PM »
How funny that you mention that one, LeighAnn. I was just looking at a Lil Inkers one I have that says, "I love you more than coffee."

Melissa, you might want to consider one of the sets of Hero Arts clear sentiment stamps.  Usually there is a good variety with different fonts, slightly different sayings and so on.  They sell a couple of those at Michaels. 

I often see beautiful sentiments on cards in galleries and blogs. I wonder if I should get a few more really ornate ones.  One particularly cute, but simple one I remembered (but dont own) is from Purple Onion.  http://stores.purpleoniondesigns.com/stacey-yacula-studio-joy/
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:18:27 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 09:06:59 PM »
Good idea Heidi ..... I have a couple that I got from Marshall's years ago, but there are only a handful of the stamps that I have found I regularly use.....I would like to check out the ones your mentioning and see if they have stamps I could use.

Which reminds me....I don't see sympathy stamps really anywhere and I have been keeping an eye out once in a while.  I don't own one and usually print off "with sympathy" or something similar instead with my computer.  I haven't looked online yet.

I do have a stamping up stamp a relative gave me one year as a gift and it has several stamps for different occasions but the one I use and like is: you're a wonderful reason to celebrate!  (I use this one for birthday cards...it's just that I'm think I've used this stamp again on the same person... :-\. Do y'all just reuse the sayings over again each year despite you stamped that to the person the previous year?)

In the set I mentioned above from Marshall's, I have a stamp that says "Huzzah."  What does that mean?!?!   ??? I'm assuming it's celebratory bc the rest are bravo and hooray etc.

~~Melissa :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 10:08:04 PM »
I have a ton of sentiment stamps but I don't use them often enough.

I did just get a new one from Riley & Company that I love and I can't wait to use on a card for my sister:
"I don't trust joggers.  They are always the ones that find the dead bodies.  I am no detective, just saying."

And I think this sentiment is great for crafters: "She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten."

Melissa - Huzzah is an older version of hurray.  It makes me think of period dramas.  And the nerd in me thinks it is awesome that you have that as a sentiment stamp.

Daniel - I love your favorite sentiment. 

LeighAnn - your "crappy" stamp is too funny.
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 09:36:03 AM »
Fun shares, all!

LOL, Sarah! Our fave sentiments would make a great episode of "Murder, She Wrote!". ;D
Daniel