Author Topic: Garden gloves  (Read 3044 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Garden gloves
« on: August 22, 2014, 02:53:18 PM »
I finished my garden gloves and I wasn't sure if everyone would find the link in the chat thread so I thought I better make a post.

Sadie if this is not "mixed media" just let me know where to post it or if you could move it to where it should go…I tried to look with subcategory and thought this one was best fit.

Here are my garden gloves I finished last night:

garden gloves

I got a little crazy with stamping so I decided to make them into a collage of stamps rather than a specific theme (although I did try to stick with "nature" stamps).  If I were to do something similar to this in the future (stamping on fabric then sewing into something) I would stamp onto some white paper first to get an idea of what I want.  I didn't do that this time….I just started stamping!   I still want to do a placemat that uses stamping sometime.
~~Melissa :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Garden gloves
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 08:09:51 PM »
I think they turned out so well.  Especially now that I read that you didn't really plan out the stamping.  How wonderful to have hand made gloves that were hand stamped!  I wonder if you can count on one hand how many people can say that...  O0
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 10:28:40 AM »
One of the (many) neat things about stamping is that both planned & unplanned approaches to projects work just fine. The gloves are terrific & I'm sure that you were making tons of choices & decisions as you went along, Melissa.

Far as doing placemats (perhaps with matching napkins?), no time like the present (& they make great presents). ;) I like using linen, but kettlecloth & homespun & even heavy muslin are great to stamp/stencil.

So pleased you shared this with us, Melissa! O0
Daniel

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 11:13:22 AM »
This is a great place to post about your gloves.  I really like your gloves, you did a wonderful job with them.  Thank you very much for sharing your glove journey with us!
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 11:21:37 AM »
Thank you guys for your comments!!    :smitten:  

When I get to my placemat (or placematS---see how far I accomplish, hehehe) I will being sharing them!

Thanks Daniel for the fabric suggestions!
~~Melissa :)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 02:46:12 PM »
Great garden gloves Melissa!  Looking forward to seeing your placemats.