Author Topic: Creative Challenge : Tea bag stamping  (Read 1258 times)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Creative Challenge : Tea bag stamping
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 02:46:14 PM »
This was fun! I decided to use the whole teabag this time because I did the other open method on some other cards earlier. The saying I found first and that inspired the rest of the card.

April :smile:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4976#top_display_media

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 09:40:53 PM »
Wow April, I would have thought that pencils might tear at the tea bag but it looks terrific!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2020, 11:14:43 AM »
I would have been worried about the colored pencils too!  Jan's watercolors look nice, and I'm surprised they didn't bleed everywhere.  In the tutorial they highlighted with marker.  Looks like we have options for coloring our tea bags! 

I have two more dry tea bags and a plate full of damp ones.  I made a pitcher of iced tea yesterday.  I'm not so crazy about the sayings on the tags this time ... I might have to make my own tags or flip them to the "Good Earth" side!  I also have 2 coffee filters at the ready.  Now I just need some card making time ;)

I took a picture of a little brewing method that was new to me.  When I was at the Tea Leaf last year, she gave me a couple of filters and a little plastic straw.  The straw goes through a hole in the filter, to hold it over the cup  I was staying in a hotel and this gave me a way to brew.  I placed loose tea in the filter, heated water in the coffee maker and poured it over my tea.  I made green tea this way the other day, so I have one of these filters ready for stamping.

Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 11:36:08 AM »
I am just drinking my cup of tea now.  This isn’t always a great idea, but I frequently put things I want to dry on the heating/cooling registers on the floor.  This is especially great with kids’ shoes, but it might work with my teabag, maybe in a colander. 

Hopefully it dries and I can participate soon.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 11:39:41 AM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2020, 11:39:09 AM »
Also, if you guys are fast, you can link your gallery entry over to the Coffee and Tea Lovers blog hop. I think entries close tonight.

http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/2020/05/2020-spring-summer-coffee-lovers-blog-hop/

They always have a lot of prizes.
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2020, 02:39:12 PM »
Neat idea to brew, Cindi! Bummer, the challenge closed yesterday, Heidi.

April :smile:

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2020, 10:06:00 PM »
Cindi, that is a clever way to brew you tea.  I had a solid stamp so I didn't need to color but I may have to try and color one on mine and see if it works, I do know mine have a bit of texture to them, they aren't smooth like regular ones.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2020, 07:27:05 AM »
Here is my entry.  I liked trying this but want to do it again.  I wonder if I should have used an archival ink that might not have wicked out as much on the teabag.  Or maybe Versafine. 

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4992#top_display_media

Thanks for the challenge!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2020, 09:17:58 AM »
I used pigment and dye inks so I couldn't tell you why yours wicked but I love how it turned out, thanks for giving it a try :)