Author Topic: Creative Challenge - Split card (June 22- 28)  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Creative Challenge - Split card (June 22- 28)
« on: June 22, 2020, 08:53:52 AM »
Ok I decided on going with another Jennifer McGuire technique, I love the idea of making two cards out of one stamping.  I would like us to try at least once using stamped images, but if after that you want to try diecuts I think that would be interesting too, I have some die cut poinsettia's I would like to try to get more Christmas cards done. I forgot to see where she mentioned it but she did give other suggestions then flowers, like balloons for a birthday or stars, I would think any theme you could stamp along the edge, I am hoping I have enough big stamps to make it all the way across enough to notice what it is I was stamping, I hope you all have fun with this, looking forward to what you come up with.

Here is the  link: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/jennifer-mcguire-ink-2406983/split-card-tricks-7467152945

Use Creative Challenge - Split card when posting, and please share here too, if you post something in the gallery.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Creative Challenge - Split card (June 22- 28)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 10:18:36 AM »
This looks like a fun idea.  I need to watch the video.  Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 12:32:20 PM »
I also pinned this one from Jennifer to try soon, so YEAH! I get to try it this week! Looking forward to it.

April :smile:

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 04:47:05 PM »
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 08:38:26 PM »
Sheila, those must be nice big stamps, that works great for making two cards, after seeing yours I went through mine and couldn't find a big enough stamp so I spent tonight stamping individual flowers and coloring them, tomorrow will be set aside for cutting them all out and hopefully putting a card together :)

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 11:34:29 AM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/A4001650-E1FB-4A2C-8FEA-D5404540E40F.jpeg

Here is the other two cards I made with the stamping.  This is a cool way to make lots of cards.  I’ like the different design you get if you don’t rotate the stamp.  This one I just stamped twice, the first ones I rotated the stamp and masked the stamps because I stamped it three times.

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 12:44:39 PM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/999BF5A2-6863-4A21-B597-7299DFDADA16.jpeg

I don’t know what happened to this. I posted it before, then it was gone.
Anyway you can see the size of the stamps better this way.  I took a piece of paper and just covered half of the stamp  to see if it was big enough to show on both cards.

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2020, 09:53:04 AM »
Wow Ladies you are doing a fantastic job with these, I didn't get a chance to play yesterday, hubby ended up taking the day off and we went south to a state park about 2 hours away and had a great day out, but I will be working on it tonight, today the yard needs our attention!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2020, 12:17:00 PM »
Here is my entry. This was a lot of fun!  I’m so glad my tonic cutter could handle cutting through all this watercolor paper.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5026#top_display_media

Connie that is good to take your opportunities to visit parks when you can!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 04:26:30 PM »
Normally I hate white space and cannot leave the empty space alone.
But for some reason I am OK with the white space in these cards.  I think I have found a white space style that I can make!
Thank you for having me try it.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2020, 07:55:58 PM »
I agree Heidi, I cut mine with my Tim holtz cutter and it just made it and I just used cardstock to color my flowers on. I will get mine posted tomorrow.
Sheila I am glad that you found a style you like with this technique!

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2020, 08:51:49 AM »
I finally got mine done, one day to stamp and color them all and then the next day I put it all together. A lady in our church just had back surgery so it was nice to have a style that worked good for birthday and get well :)

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5027#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2020, 04:08:38 PM »
I don't think the method I used was faster than making two separate cards.  I stamped and die cut a lot of flowers!  Next time I would try it using a large stamp, similar to how Sheila did hers.  Had fun with it though, and results are unique compared to what I would have made without the challenge, so thank you Connie!

Split Cards
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2020, 10:43:34 AM »
I love what you came up with and having them for a bottom border, I would never do an arrangement like these on my own without doing this technique :)