Author Topic: Design Challenge - September 2015 - Rule of Thirds  (Read 6006 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Design Challenge - September
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2015, 09:48:44 PM »
Thank you for playing, Connie and Cindi!  I like both of your cards very much.

Cindi, that is okayabout not using the stamped image as the focal point and I am glad you linked it anyhow .  For the most part, I was hoping people would be thinking about designing with the Rule of Thirds, and though we could use our stamps for that, but your design is lovely with that medallion! 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2015, 07:15:34 AM »
Cindi - I really liked your card.

As I mentioned in my remarks, I really enjoyed your card because of the paper crafting.  Sometimes, I can't find the stamp to use, but have die cut machines, border punches, and embellishments that make really nice cards.  Maybe I have found the challenge I want to offer for Octoberfest.  I really enjoyed paper crafting and we don't use it very much any more - Beautiful cards can be done with paper crafting.  Thanks so much for your card and for sharing.

Ann

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2015, 08:33:11 AM »
Thank you all so much for participating in the challenge.  I appreciate it. 

If you want to continue to practice this Rule of Thirds, please feel free to continue discussing it on this thread and posting your projects.

Stay tuned for more in Design.
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Re: Design Challenge - September 2015 - Rule of Thirds
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2015, 10:45:09 AM »
Oh gosh, I never did get back to doing an actual project using the rule of thirds.  So sorry about that.  I need to make an anniversary card so maybe I will try it again since I still my pattern marked with the thirds and the sweet spots......
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2015, 11:28:01 AM »
Oh gosh, I never did get back to doing an actual project using the rule of thirds.  So sorry about that.  I need to make an anniversary card so maybe I will try it again since I still my pattern marked with the thirds and the sweet spots......

That sounds great, Sadie!  Go for it :)
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2015, 08:35:50 PM »
I finally got a card done with the image in the sweet spot.  The saying is in the sweet spot in the lower left hand side too.......LOL!  I don't know if it was just the way I colored the flowers or if it is the sweet spot but the largest one that is in the sweet spot jumps right out.

Thank you for looking.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2015, 08:40:49 PM »
Awesome, Sadie! I think you nailed it!
~~Heidi~~