Author Topic: Christmas All Year 2015 - November  (Read 5328 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year 2015 - November
« on: November 02, 2015, 01:00:04 PM »
Can you believe it is November already?!
Local stores are already stressing me out with all of the Christmas stuff.  Chick-fil-A put up their outside decorations last week.  BEFORE Halloween!  Ugh!

November is a great month for Christmas card making  8)  I hope you get a chance to create a few and link them up here.

This month's prompt is sponsored by FarNorth  ;D (she doesn't know it yet).  She is offering a die cut swap, but you need to sign up quick (by Nov. 3rd).  So, the prompt is to use a die cut as an embellishment on your Christmas card.  Whether you have time to swap, or you use a die cut of your own ... maybe you can include a die cut on your card.  If you make a card as part of FarNorth's swap, you can link the same card here, or heck, make two!  You're going to need Christmas cards soon!

« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 01:28:30 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year 2015 - November
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 02:18:18 PM »
Sounds good! I love using my dies!

April

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 05:27:07 PM »
I have a couple leftover stamped images I plan to use soon and will incorporate a die cut in with them to make some cards soon!  Thanks for the prompt!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 07:47:35 AM »
These cards were so easy to put together by using a patterned paper pad that had the sentiments included.  Sometimes it is hard to use these, but when using a small image cut with a die, it seemed like they just came together in minutes!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=-76&pid=2134#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=-76&pid=2133#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 07:55:49 AM »
Super cute cards Heidi!  Your coloring is beautiful and the patterned paper looks like it was just made for cards!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 08:12:30 AM »
Thanks!  I was excited to have something come together quickly, for once!  And although they are simple, I am happy with that because they will be easy to mail. 

I think I have enough, or nearly enough Christmas cards now. I feel like I really need to get working on some tags because I usually don't feel like doing that in December when I am wrapping stuff. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 05:39:31 PM »
Just in time.  I posted this card on November 1 for the Second Chance Challenge and this one today. 

Both cards use the Rolling Marble Technique backgrounds I made for Jan's Marbles Roll! Challenge.

I guess it's a good thing I signed up for Jan's Die Swap!  I'll be back with a card for that challenge too. 

Oh, my.  It is November.  I should be all done with my Christmas cards.  I think I'll go count them.

Daria

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 08:31:54 PM »
I put the card I made while cutting out the dies for the swap in the gallery so I will link it here to count as a Christmas card, geez now I have 3 since I made two during Inktoberfest 2015.......LOL

Die Cut Embellished Card!

Thank you for looking.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 10:04:06 AM »
I'm working on some today!

I've finally tried a shaker card! Just waiting on some parts to dry.
LeighAnn

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 02:36:01 PM »
I hope to make a card tomorrow.

April

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2015, 01:49:21 PM »
I made five fun cards and plan to make one more--all the same except for details.  When I work up the energy to photograph them, I'll be back.

Nora and I are getting together tomorrow to work on Christmas cards, and I now have die-cuts from the Jan's swap that I'll be using on at least one card this month.  Also, Nora and I are going to the Christmas Marathon Class next week so that means we'll each make eight more Christmas cards.  Yeah!  I know.  It feels like cheating to me too.  But hey, it's November!  What's a gal to do?

Next goal:  Make sure there are inserts for all of the cards and make envelopes if necessary.

Daria
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 01:56:23 PM by djc »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2015, 02:22:10 PM »
Daria, that sounds wonderful that you are going to a class with Nora.

I probably also will be making a Christmas card from my die cuts from the swap.  I am sad to say that today I bought ANOTHER 6x6 Christmas paper pad.  I really need ot use them up!  They are just so affordable though.  I think I may use a tag die and cut a bunch of gift tags to have ready. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2015, 08:21:55 AM »
I've made 5 cards recently, 3 of them were shaker cards but when I tried to photograph them, I get a weird glare on them. It's a bright and sunny day here so I may have better luck today using natural light.

Here is one card I have photographed and I used some diecuts from Sadie. I'm still finding glitter everywhere!
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2149#top_display_media
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2015, 08:56:33 PM »
Here are a few simple Christmas tags I have made while I am practicing coloring.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/index.php
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 02:19:45 PM »
This is my entry. This was the card I made for Jan's die challenge. All my Christmas cards are made! YEAH! This has been fun and thanks for the prompts. This always helps me to get my cards done in a timely manner.  ;D

April

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2153#top_display_media