Author Topic: Christmas All Year 2015 - November  (Read 5327 times)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Re: Christmas All Year 2015 - November
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 09:27:36 AM »
I've made 5 cards recently, 3 of them were shaker cards but when I tried to photograph them, I get a weird glare on them. It's a bright and sunny day here so I may have better luck today using natural light.

Here is one card I have photographed and I used some diecuts from Sadie. I'm still finding glitter everywhere!
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2149#top_display_media

I asked on your card in the gallery if you had glitter all over, I always get it all over everything when I use it.  It does look neat tho, especially on Christmas cards.  So I guess sparkling is just an added bonus.  LOL
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 09:35:54 AM »
Oh my goodness, Sadie! If you could have seen my floor, the table, me. Glitter was everywhere. I had to sweep twice to get it out of the floor. I think I will stick to stickles from now on ;D

I made this card last night with an image I had colored up. I added some snowflake diecuts to it and added a little bit of stickles to them
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2161#top_display_media
LeighAnn

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 09:36:06 AM »
Super cards and tags!  Thanks for linking them up here.

Congratulations to those of you who are done, or nearly done with your Christmas cards!  WooHoo! 

Cindi

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2015, 05:55:01 PM »
Although I didn't follow the prompt, here is my submission for this months challenge. 

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2183#top_display_media

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2015, 05:57:05 PM »
Here is another card for this months challenge.  I made 5 of these cards. 

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2182#top_display_media

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2015, 05:59:34 PM »
Here is another submission for this months challenge.  I made seven of this one, and it was most fun.  Easy to do too! 

Thanks so much for this fun challenge!  I have finally made my goal of 50 cards for this year. 

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2181#top_display_media

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2015, 09:33:59 PM »
Whoops.  I forgot to link the cards I posted earlier today:

Woodware Bubble Bloom Festive Tree

Magenta Christmas Holly Birds

This one is on the Die-Cut Swap Board:Stampendous Christmas Owl.

Daria

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2015, 10:29:37 AM »
I had some fun with this entry for Cindi's CAY challenge. Thanx to Far North for her diecut swap & Heidi for the 'grounding' challenge, too!

For this card I made a simple fold blank & ran it thru my cuttlebug using a snowflake EF. Then I used an oval die to make the opening in the blank--both front & back. I saved the front diecut to use as the 'rug' & die cut a piece to inlay in the back opening (used a piece from a gift box).

I stamped the pup on CS, colored & fussy cut; then assembled. Used markers, inks & crayons for the coloring.

Bow Wow Santa

Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2015, 10:43:32 AM »
Wow, I'm behind a little on checking out the latest cards but it looks like November is shaping out to be a productive Chrismtas card month! Way to go Inksters and special thanks to Cindi for organizing these challenges and for Jan's diecut swap! Jan you may have done some enabling though, I've seen a lot of dies I want to add to my wish list  O0 ;D

I made these a little over a week ago but my first pictures had a weird glare to them. I finally retook them. I'm happy to cross this off of my crafty to do list, I've had make a shaker card on there for almost a year :smile: o didn't have any acetate nor did I want to go out and buy any so I used some scrapbook album inserts I had on hand.
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2184#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2185#top_display_media

Please don kick me out, the only stamping on these are the sentiment 🙊!

I will be back later tonight to check out the entries from the past few days, I saw some really good ones!
LeighAnn

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2015, 01:09:55 PM »
Nora!  I'm so happy you reached your Christmas card-making goal!  Hooray for you!  Your cards are beautiful.
LeighAnn, you made such cute shaker cards!  Worthy projects for cutting in to that wonderful paper!  I would never kick you out! 
Daria, thanks for linking up your cards.  Lots of sparkle and pretty painting.

Daniel, I hope this means you're back?!  Cute Santa puppy, and always something clever in your pieces.  Thanks for chiming in on how you made it.

It's been a productive November!  Now I'd better get busy!
Cindi

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2015, 06:51:08 PM »
After attending a wonderful marathon class, I just had to purchase this image and made this rendition somewhat different than the class sample.  I just had to make two Christmas cards using this image. 

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2194#top_display_media

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2015, 01:33:01 PM »
Heidi, your link takes us to the Christmas All Year, 2015 page.

Nora and I went to the Christmas Marathon Class at Stamp on Over again this year.  Oh, my.  This time I finished (or thought I had) all the cards instead of having lots to do at home later (I thought).  The class officially ended at 4:30.  I finished at 6:00.  They were vacuuming the store!  I wasn't alone, but other people were adding finishing touches.  I was making a shaker card.  I think it must have been the fastest anyone has ever made a shaker card.

We made eight cards during the class.  After coming home, I completely remade one of the cards--long story.  I wrote it up on the scrapbook.com gallery post.  I stamped a new sentiment to cover up one that I had smeared during class.  I added Wink of Stella to all the snowflakes that were not glittered.  And I made another card with the left-overs from a die-cut card we made during class--one of those where you die cut twice in two different colors and trade off the inside parts so you end up with two two-color focal images.

I posted two of the cards here:
Whipper Snapper Designs Baymont
Impression Obsession Shaker Card

I posted the first one because it was my favorite.  Two of you will know why I posted the second one. :smile:

The rest can be seen in my gallery on scrapbook.com.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 11:04:11 AM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2015, 10:38:03 AM »
I too made a Christmas card for the die cut swap. Good thing because I need more, hehehe

Die Cut Christmas CArd

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2015, 08:36:24 AM »
I love seeing everyone's Christmas cards! 
Nora and Daria, I SO wish we lived on the same coast!  That class looks like so much fun.  I bet you are exhausted at the end!  Daria thanks so much for showing me how you used that cute stamp you sent!  It makes a great shaker card!
Heidi, you have a really nice stash of cards you've been building!  I like what you did with your die cuts!
And you too Kathy!  You created a pretty scene.

I finally made a few Christmas cards for the die cut swap.  Two versions of the same card.  Last night I went back and touched up my images!  Why do we notice things AFTER we photograph and post?  I erased where I had colored Santa's forehead white, haha, he had bangs!  I also added more stickles to his suit and touched up the mouth on one of them.  This image was kind of hard to color as it wasn't clear what was what.

Santa 1
Santa 2

I'll post the December challenge in a few minutes.  I'm so glad you are playing along!
Cindi